Post what you're watching

deepak

• 2 weeks later...

It jarred my expectations. Actually jarred isn't a strong enough word. Makes it sound like the effect of being brought closer into alignment with a french electronic musician.

It raped them senseless.

I went in with the quiet expectation of some quite fun fantasy film. Perhaps an amalgamation of Neverending Story and Lion Witch and Wardrobe. I was not expecting a visually disturbing horrorfest (I cannot stand horror films of any kind whatsoever) with some scenes which caused me the greatest discomfort since the little frenchman was electrocuted in The Green Mile. It was like picking a chocolate out of a box, with the expectation of a caramel centre, until the third enthusiastic chew, when you realise that it's honey (I fucking can't stand honey. This actually happened to me once at a dinner and I was so close to immediately heaving up the previous course onto the tabletop and causing secondary splatterings onto the shirts of my fellow diners as well as tertiary projectile semi-digested gravy stains to the floor walls and ceiling that I thought I'd choke trying not to as I pounded out of my seat to get to a sink). Or taking a good satisfying quenching slug of milk and only realising by the post-gulp glugging that it's cheesy or sour.

The only reasons I didn't leave were because it was pissing with rain outside and I was into the girl i was sitting next to who'd invited me along in the first place.

...I was not expecting a visually disturbing horrorfest (I cannot stand horror films of any kind whatsoever)...
Ah. Yeah, it had some seriously disturbing imagery. That's too bad.

Don't see Coraline. Nowhere near the same order of magnitude (I believe it's rated G, if not PG), but there are some pretty memorably disturbing images in that one, too. ("Disney horrific" is what I'd call it.)

ditto. a couple rumor sites have suggested that it might be getting a renewal, after all, though.

NBC has decided not to decide on the series' fate today as it was originally planned. Instead, they've given themselves another week (or two). We'll know on May 19 at the latest as that's the day NBC is announcing the full list of shows.