What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

I agree -- but this salsa came from the North side of the Baltimore beltway (Mari Luna Mexican Grill, before anyone asks) -- no way I'm going all the way there just for salsa -- plus, it wasn't cheap (US$14), so we're trying to savor it. Someone made the comment that it tasted better the second day, and I didn't think that was possible. Plus, it tasted just as good to me the second (and now third) day as it did the first.

Sounds like I'm asking a bunch of people who wouldn't know. Still wouldn't mind hearing from someone who'd know, if you exist.

And yes, Ken, I enjoyed the burn-in analogy. I don't believe they're milspec veggies, in fact, they seem quite garden variety, if you pardon the choice of words.

But you've had restaurant salsa, before, haven't you? Specifically, Chevy's? I think this is better than Chevy's, which is a first (Chevy's was the best I'd ever had up until this one). And I'm not sure how much they cooked it -- it's not the pureed variety, it's ...actually, I think this is technically pico de gallo. I like this one better because it has a better attack -- you get its kick right away, it's not a delayed reaction, like it is with a lot of them. Otherwise, it's very similar (to Chevy's). Also, it seems fresher. I suspect they use local ingredients.

I may have had chevy's. I rarely love restaurant salsa, but it's usually ok. There are probably tricks to make salsa good for more than a couple days that I don't know ( and wouldn't bother with, since it's os easy to make salsa to order :) )