What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

No-one expects their first batch to be good enough to share, so the fact that it was is a good sign, but not all that surprising considering the source.

That pasta dish sounds really good, too.

I had an outstanding dish earlier tonight at Tommy Thai. It started out as their "garden" (meat and vegetables), then made extremely garlicky and medium spicy. Outstanding.

(Dan -- that's in Springfield -- I've also discovered a really great place in Merrifield called Elephant Jumps that I can highly recommend.)

I once wrangled my way into an interview for a position which I was hardly qualified by using "Danger" as my nickname on my resume. It actually worked and I got the job. When I showed up for work on the first day, they'd made my login "danger" and my machine was named "danger" and I was confused, because I'd forgotten all about putting that on my resume.

$2 Boorrito from Chipotle -- I didn't realize there was a promo going on, $2 for a burrito with coupon and costume, but he just waved me through when I protested. I said, "at least tell me that's a terrible costume." He said, "alright, that's a terrible costume." I usually get that all day -- "that's a terrible costume", "what are you supposed to be?", etc. This is probably the first time I actually appreciated being told that.

post-826-13518231520275_thumb.jpg

My first ever dry aged ny strip to celebrate the first med school interview invite this year. Wanted to celebrate tonight. Bought it very enthusiastically and came home to a mother who threw a shit fit about me eating steak (she is a devout Hindu). Kept yelling while I cooked it but I ignored her. Today was a good day. Not letting her vegetarian gods steal my thunder.

More congrats on the interviews by the way. Your essay really was excellent. And your test scores were excellent, save for the one subsection which was merely good. I'm glad they can look at the overall applicant and not just one subsection of a test score. The amount of biology that any of us know any more by the time we are done is miniscule.