What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Looks great John, especially the dragon roll. Mmmm squid. How was it?

That Dragon roll is my favorite. It often keeps me from trying new things, though. The squid was a bit spicy, I think it had chili oil drizzled on it. It was nice for the price, but I wouldn't order it.

that looks good, John. you should have responded in Inuktitut, to really throw her off..

I may as well have, I know just as much of that as I do Chinese. Would've been funny if I did, then without pause, she responded back in Inuktitut and we had a long conversation about ice fishing or seal hunting. It'd be like a scene right out of 'Airplane'!

Nice knife work, btw. I never really paid attention or gave it much thought. But they really are incredibly precise and fast. Even started up a conversation about his knife, which I couldn't follow through on because I know nothing about knives, plus he didn't speak much English. I didn't try Inuktitut.

Al, you're Inuit, too? A lot of Inuits here in Head Case. Inuits love good audio, apparently. Probably because they can cryo their cables so easily!

So I looked up Giviak - seal carcas stuffed with little auk/Dovekie birds and buried for months to ferment. An Inuit delicacy, apparently. Doesn't sound mamaqtualuk to me.

I remember watching a show sometime where a family of Inuits spread garbage bags out on the floor of their kitchen and slaughtered a seal on it, storing most of it but eating a few ounces of raw blubber and eyeball right on the spot. The scene was hilarious, mostly because they lived in a prefab home that looked like something out of arrested development.

I remember watching a show sometime where a family of Inuits spread garbage bags out on the floor of their kitchen and slaughtered a seal on it, storing most of it but eating a few ounces of raw blubber and eyeball right on the spot. The scene was hilarious, mostly because they lived in a prefab home that looked like something out of arrested development.

Oh, This One (Anthony Bourdain - No reservations)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d8EymQPiqk

Dinner last night.

Our very own Chicken and Waffles place, right here in my little suburb! ... brings a tear of joy to my eye ...

I saw a chicken & waffle truck next to FSU the other day. A freakin' TRUCK. Must get there soon. Tried the C&W at a local diner but preferred their chicken biscuits. Much higher quality than the waffle, cheaper, and a lot more food. Still fits in the HC repertoire of nostalgic foods.

Let's see that's sausages, chicken & waffles, biscuits, BBQ, am I forgetting anything? Beats the days when Team FL went to TGI Friday's after meets :).

Edited by NightWoundsTime

I saw a chicken & waffle truck next to FSU the other day. A freakin' TRUCK. Must get there soon. Tried the C&W at a local diner but preferred their chicken biscuits. Much higher quality than the waffle, cheaper, and a lot more food. Still fits in the HC repertoire of nostalgic foods.

Let's see that's sausages, chicken & waffles, biscuits, BBQ, am I forgetting anything? Beats the days when Team FL went to TGI Friday's after meets :).

Don't forget Chicago deep dish pizza, Thai at the temple, those donuts in Kure Beach, and Alaskan tacos!