What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

A Vietnamese play on birria tacos...these are "pho" style.   (had to edit...spellcheck got the better of me)

Really could have used a hot sauce like sriracha on the side for some kick, but I did like the dish conceptually.  From the Blind Goat here in Houston.  Overrated IMHO despite all the foodie pundits...

HS

image.jpeg

Edited by HemiSam
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Torpedo said:

Birria Tacos? OMG they probably don't know what birria means in Spanish

lol…you might be correct!

The consume on the side for dipping birria style tacos became very popular here a few years back. 

My favorite in town is Doña Lena….legitimate!

HS

• Haha 1

Spanish in Mexico and other American countries is sometimes different to Spain. This word birria is one of those cases. With some investigation I've learned that birria in Mexico is a type of BBQ of lamb or baby goat. Now it makes sense :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Torpedo said:

Spanish in Mexico and other American countries is sometimes different to Spain. This word birria is one of those cases. With some investigation I've learned that birria in Mexico is a type of BBQ of lamb or baby goat. Now it makes sense :D

You are spot on, Topedo, with all your points.

I speak very mediocre Spanish at best.  Born in Miami, mother from Havana but originally her side of the family came from Oviedo in Asturias.  

Spain is AMAZING!

HS

• Thanks 1

20240810_171203.jpg

That's dinner. 

Al's niece Dorothy, who I will refer to as my niece from now on because I've claimed her, cooked a big breakfast this morning. Eggs, bacon, bagel w/cream cheese and a big bowl of fresh fruit. And I'm still full.

• Like 4

Quite the gourmet you are there.

Make sure you hydrate a lot, multiple liters of water per day.  Being dehydrated can cause low blood pressure which causes dizziness and well you can probably guess the rest.

• Thanks 1

Thank goodness Dorothy doesn't read this forum. She's been drumming that into my head. I am getting better about drinking more water though.

And I will have some grapes later. I've been on a fruit kick lately.

I just realized that I set myself up for gay jokes there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, swt61 said:

Have you ever considered adopting a 63 y.o.?

Maybe a new audiophile shop needs a dependant / tax write off?

St. Helena, Avocado Toast

PXL_20240823_210115084.jpg

(Ricotta mousse spread, avocado cilantro puree, two poached eggs & micro greens on toasted sourdough)

PXL_20240823_210102077.jpg

Club Sandwich 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1