What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

On 7/2/2024 at 8:22 PM, Grahame said:

OFFICIAL ACT Turkey Burger and Chips

PXL_20240703_030620527.MP.jpg

I see that you've 'Mericanized your definition of chips. Is it difficult not to call them crisps?

FWIW I find the British chips and crisps wording more accurate.

That doesn't extend to cookies vs. biscuits, but hey, you can't agree on everything. 

And I imagine Brent consumes more cookies than biscuits, like myself, so would you really want him thinking they're biscuits? After all, science doesn't fully understand the disastrous powers he possesses, and it could be name related.

16 minutes ago, swt61 said:

I see that you've 'Mericanized your definition of chips. Is it difficult not to call them crisps?

FWIW I find the British chips and crisps wording more accurate.

That doesn't extend to cookies vs. biscuits, but hey, you can't agree on everything. 

And I imagine Brent consumes more cookies than biscuits, like myself, so would you really want him thinking they're biscuits? After all, science doesn't fully understand the disastrous powers he possesses, and it could be name related.

If you're wondering the scope of my powers, I had a biscuit on the day of the debate.

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

We had a new restaurant / bar open we have been awaiting, Bar Bludorn.  Enjoyed a nice meal Friday night with our son and his girlfriend.  Drinks were very good.  Love that I didn't have to ask someone to use less can sugar in the old fashioneds.

The ham beignets with ricotta and a berry jelly or the like were standout.  Wagu smoked brisket rueben also wonderful.  The duck was very good but I think the PB&J fried chicken was more interesting.

HS

image.jpeg

IMG_8133.jpeg

IMG_8134.jpeg

IMG_8135.jpeg

IMG_8137.jpeg

IMG_8142.jpeg

• Like 6

PXL_20240713_021305954.jpg

When the Tam Valley Community Center says $8 , they mean it!

PXL_20240713_015858718.jpg

PXL_20240713_015849141.jpg

The price you see, is the price you pay! 

No BS fees, or suggested 30% gratuities. 

https://www.seefees.ca/

https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/restaurants/article/surcharge-fee-san-francisco-19561318.php

https://www.reddit.com/r/sanfrancisco/s/wr2xrHaBY7

Edited by Grahame
  • Like 4

That looks great Grahame, though I don't seem to have much appetite in this heat.

That's quite amazing, especially as it seems to cost $20 just walking through the door of Good Earth.

Steve, the the trick is to know the cool spots, both culturally, and meteorologically.

The venue started balmy, but as the evening progressed, and the marine layer came in, the breeze picked up, and the locals layered up.

Then when it finished we headed back home, a few valleys further north, to warm back up, and then cool off on the deck.

Bay Area microclimates are quite something.

A member of Joannes book club was having a retirement party, and I was under instructions not to look at my phone during the event. 

But there was a grazing table 

PXL_20240713_234146257.MP.jpg

And ice cream cake

PXL_20240713_235250209.jpg

And now I'm plugged back into the internet. So not a bad afternoon 😉

Edited by Grahame
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1