What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Mentally I couldn't get over seeing that much pink. I guess I'll have to give it another try sometime. We went to some super fancy place while visiting Niagara Falls and it looked almost exactly like the picture. I asked the chef to throw it on the grill just for the grill marks even though he kept trying to convince me it was fully cooked and safe to eat. I guess I don't mind the pink as much as I mind the lack of a crust. 

Analog stick thingy was what I have at my parents place. Will grab it over the weekend. Have cast iron pan. I did get lucky but as you mentioned the 350 in the oven did dry the surface out well. Next time I won't use the grill pan but a flat cast iron pan which should get hotter too. I don't care for grill marks but for a nice crisp crust all around instead of just where the grill marks are.

Every time I have used foil the steak has come off soggy as it basically just boils. However every time in the past I seared first before putting it in the oven which might have tightened the fibers and squeezed it out juices which collected in the foil.

I misread the scale on the toaster oven - it does go down to 150F and has a "min" setting but don't know what that temperature is. How long do you cook the steaks in your sous vide contraption at 120? Just trying to get an idea as to when to start checking the temperature. I don't want to keep opening and closing the door to the oven. I'll try it at 150 next and then sear afterwards on the cast iron pan. Another thing I need to get from home. 

Went to Lunchbox Laboratory with a friend.  Split a Katsu Fried Robert, which is Katsu Fried Churken (chicken/turkey), Ginger Soy Teriyaki Glaze, Bruleed Pineapple Slices, Spam, & Pineapple Mayo, and then had a Dork burger, which is House blended duck & pork patty, Monterey jack cheese, lunchbox onions, garlic mayo. 

l444pNd.jpg

• Like 1