Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

21UCEbMdPML._SL500_AA300_.jpgNegear 500+Mbps (bs spec) powerline adapters. Well I bought them yesterday but they arrived today and I'm getting 100+Mbps across my house, much faster than wireless. Awesome.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on how these work out after a few weeks. I've long thought about doing this for my PS3 which is as remote from my router as can be in the house and as such, suffers a bit for network related operation.

I did this for my xbox360 for the same reason, except using a Belkin Turbo model. It's been great, and it's been going on five months or so now.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on how these work out after a few weeks. I've long thought about doing this for my PS3 which is as remote from my router as can be in the house and as such, suffers a bit for network related operation.

This is the second set of these I have owned. The first ones were a couple generations old and at least 10x slower in the exact same installation but in an older arrangement they suited my purposes for 2/3 years. My experience has been nothing but great with the technology.

The ones I just bought add some nice encryption features (so some dude can't use an exterior plug and get on your network), light control (so you can turn off the indicator lights if they are bugging you), and diagnostic software that let you learn interesting things through trial and error like the fact that phone chargers mess with the signal. Luckily not enough to limit my bandwidth for internet (still get 85/75Mbps vs 100+ with the phone chargers unplugged). All in all I highly recommend them, far superior to my attempts to use wireless repeaters to cover the whole house.

Indeed Al, I'm also disappointed Founders isn't available in FL. As soon as I knew they distribute in NY, I had to get some while I'm here visiting family. Can't wait to get back and try some of these when I get home.