Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

New Balance MR850 running shoes

New-balance-MR850-front-mens.jpg

I was curious to try the new Minimus at the store, but they don't make them in 2E yet, apparently they should be available this fall.

Guillaume, try the Minimus in a 1/2 to 1 full size up from your normal size if you haven't already. I have wide feet and that worked perfectly for me.

How do you like the FiveFingers? I've been reading a lot on minimalist running and I'm not sure it's for me. Do you run more trail or road?

I will let you know when they arrive and I have had a chance to run in them. Road running exclusively, I don't even know where I could go for unpaved trails around here.

You can't leave them?

Last thing I bought was 6 tickets to pirates of the caribbean on stranger tides

Reviews have lead me to believe that this is probably not worth paying theater prices for. But I'm guessing that you're taking the whole family so you gotta do whatcha gotta do.

You can't leave them?

Not and still call it trail running. Grassy lawn running, sure.

I think this was worth seeing in the theater. Nice big movie, enjoyable. Don't go to the 3d. It was better than the last 2 pirates movies.

Slightly different movie than either of the pirates movies, no?

Edited by cetoole

I will let you know when they arrive and I have had a chance to run in them. Road running exclusively, I don't even know where I could go for unpaved trails around here.

The Meadowlands. Just try not to trip over Jimmy Hoffa's remains or anyone who owed money to the mob.

Why not?

You anti-3D person, you.

Because there were very few things done to make use of the 3d. It wasn't core to the story. And it was dark enough already without losing more light to the 3d glasses.

Why not?

You anti-3D person, you.

It was post-produced 3d and according to at least one review that I read, a terrible job of it. Also, as Dan said (and the reviewer noted) it's a dark movie and hurt by the 3d process as a result.

hopefully the issues have been resolved with those

I haven't had any issues with mine and I'm still running the older, supposed to be problematic, firmware. On the flip side I will probably just go ahead and upgrade to a true SSD in the near future.

4a4a9b8f-247a-b39c.jpg

Bought these yesterday at Beers Of The World in Rochester. Added the Nugget Nectar solely because of Emelius.

I like how you can't find Bourbon County Stout anywhere in Chicago, where it's brewed, but multiple stores have cases of the stuff over here (and 2009 vintage nonetheless).

I haven't had any issues with mine and I'm still running the older, supposed to be problematic, firmware. On the flip side I will probably just go ahead and upgrade to a true SSD in the near future.

That's good to know. I had read the following link from March 1st where it implied that firmware SD23 had the problems, and that SD24 fixed them - Seagate Firmware Update

After I installed my drive I saw that it has Firmware Revision SD24, which I thought I had the latest. I also ran the Serial number checker at seagate, referred to by the first article, and it says "no download available for this serial number, and no action needed."

But it seems that I missed the addendum at the bottom of the first link, and there is a new firmware SD25 that came out on April 1st. New Firmware - I will end up updating it, but might wait until I have issues.

PS: I didn't go for a $900 480 Gb SSD because I may end up with a Macbook Air once they have lighted keyboards and Thunderbolt ports. If I don't keep any iTunes on the internal drive I'd have 40Gb free space on a 256 Gb MBA, with iTunes now on an external 1.5Gb drive.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

I have the benefit of my notebook having two HD bays (without compromising the optical bay) so I could easily live with a smaller SSD OS drive and a larger, traditional drive for storage. In the end run I'd like to have a 128-SSD/1TB-7200 setup, but I'm currently too busy/lazy to change from the 500-XT/500-7200. I'm nowhere near capacity on either drive.

A more pressing and annoying thing to deal with is a strong desire to have a better NAS/backup setup.