Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Out of postjacks Dynahi I am predicting that the VTGs will be the ones covered in shit... assuming his pair are the 'middle ground' version. I'm interested in seeing what he thinks of them in relation to the rest of his lineup. :)

Sure, I'll definitely post impressions possibly this weekend after a bit of listening. I'm pretty excited to hear these oft-debated cans. If the sound signature is appealing to me, I might send them to Larry. i've always wanted a headphiled can, but I don't like the dt770 and the sen mods always came across as weird to me.

Out of postjacks Dynahi I am predicting that the VTGs will be the ones covered in shit... assuming his pair are the 'middle ground' version. I'm interested in seeing what he thinks of them in relation to the rest of his lineup. :)

How can you argue that, when you admit you have never heard a pair?

Well, if Steve or Larry ever figure out how to do a full wood conversion mod for the K340's at under $1K, I'll be all over that. Until then I will just have to be happy with what I've got. Yours do have a true wood housing, which is nice, but whats with only one driver per housing? Mine has two, plus all the passives. Everyone knows that more is better! O0

I guess you really didn't want to sell me a pair? ???

Up until Sunday night I was certain I was keeping a K340. You can ask JBLoudG20- we exchanged a bunch of PMs where I even wanted to recable them. Then I spent all Sunday evening/night comparing them with my current headphones and decided there wasn't any point in having them. I never had the intention of cutting you out of a sale, I offered them to you for less than what I sold them for. If this is unlogical let me know.

edit: I should add that since getting my L3000 I didn't listen to the K340s at any point other than two days ago. I really thought they would have held up better (which was my logic in waiting to sell them).

"I'll be perfectly honest, at that price they would have to be pretty pristine. I'm not saying that they aren't, only that that would be my expectation. If they are, just shoot me a couple of pictures if you can. "

The other thing- both of them aren't in pristine condition. Perhaps I made too many assumptions on my part.

"I'll be perfectly honest, at that price they would have to be pretty pristine. I'm not saying that they aren't, only that that would be my expectation. If they are, just shoot me a couple of pictures if you can. "

The other thing- both of them aren't in pristine condition. Perhaps I made too many assumptions on my part.

YGPM

basically so long as the k340 sounds like you combine a grado and sennheiser i'll be happy with them. :dance:

I think with some mild tweaking you might be able to achieve that result. I've been getting pretty interesting results with my 340s and the Wheatfield. I'm very much looking forward to hearing them balanced out of the Beta22 whenever I get around to building that.

basically so long as the k340 sounds like you combine a grado and sennheiser i'll be happy with them. :dance:
That sounds...vomitory...what if it sounds better than either, and yet different from both, and still having its own weaknesses? And I should mention that I'm speaking in the abstract, I don't have anything specific in mind when talking about "it".