Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Good work Greg! Have you tried the 2010 WLW? The rye thingys are really awesome as a rule, and I really want to crack the Saz 18 but I am trying to have the full set before opening any.

I was a bad boy today. I went by the newly opened BevMo in SB to see if they had any Russian River beers. They get them from time to time but didn't have any at the moment. They did have GTS, WLW, ER and S18. I really shouldn't be buying any of them but decided I could buy just one of them. I was considering the GTS until I remembered that I'm a rye guy. So I bought their last displayed bottle of the S18 2010. I hope that $74.99 is a good price. Bad Ken, bad.

Yep, the WLW is a 2010 and is mighty tasty. I am looking forward to snagging some Saz 18 at some point and really exploring what this is all about, but so far so very good.

Greg, try BevMo.

I already have the WLW so I picked up the Stagg and Eagle Rare 17 today along with some Rocky Patel Connecticuts. On the hunt for a Handy and a Sazerac 18, I need to experience this Rye thingy you guys are talking about.

Sorry Shelly, they would only sell me one GTS. :( Nice snag Mike, that is one serious smoker!

Damn them! ;)

I was hoping to take a quick trip to Total Wine down near my parents' house to see if they had some Stagg but I don't think I will get a chance to do that.

This turned out to be a much better deal for me. This one comes with the matching weight and an RB301 arm instead of an older RB250. This also has a 60 mm platter compared to a 50 mm for the other deck. This one weighs in at 35 kq compared to 27 for the other one. Oz spent the last 1 1/2 dialing it in for me.

63c48437.jpg

Edited by tyrion

None detected yet. I've played 3 sides so far. It sounds great as did the other deck. This platter has a bit more mass so perhaps there should be a bit deeper bass but I'm not sure I can tell.

Great. If any, I'd expect it to be more for the arm than the own deck. Congratulations. I wish you have a lot of fun with it ;D

Zu is releasing a $40k speaker. That is a bizarre price jump from their next cheapest

They are finally catching on to the game. Keep pricing them extremely reasonably and you will forever be pigeon holed in a slot within the market that you may not want to stay in forever. This will give them some upward pricing flexibility on the rest of their product line, in due time. Strange the way luxury goods markets so often work.