Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Bastards!

That's what I thought! But the reality is that I've been ordering all kinds of stuff over the internet for years and I very rarely get shafted. I'd say that I probably have a 99+% success rate. Every now and then a CD or DVD won't show up, but I don't seem to have as many problems as most people do, and never with the big and/or expensive stuff.

I did smart ass:p but I needed the brand name because I kept getting the low, 2x power on the reading glasses type magnifiers and I had no idea those things were even called "optivisors".

Thanks Pars, I tried amazon since that appears to be where Miguel found his but again, I kept getting the cheap plastic lense 1.5-2X powered ones and I need much stronger ones. Now that I have a model name for the Donegans I have a better shot at it. :)

I didn't get mine from these guys, but you could try them. Also, I see the DA models all over amazon; just need to weed out the plastic LX ones.

Jewelry Tools - SEP Jewelry Tools of Chicago, Inc.

Also, be aware the the higher power ones (like the DA10s I have, 3.5X) have a pretty low focal length (~4") which makes soldering, etc. a bit challenging. I've meant to get another lower powered lens plate for mine, but just haven't gotten around to it yet :palm:

Bought the bloody imperial screws for the T2 from McMaster-Carr or so I thought until they canceled my order due to the "difficulty of export shipments". This isn't Italy we are talking about here even though the last package from Justin did end up in Ireland for some peculiar reason... :palm:

Bought the bloody imperial screws for the T2 from McMaster-Carr or so I thought until they canceled my order due to the "difficulty of export shipments". This isn't Italy we are talking about here even though the last package from Justin did end up in Ireland for some peculiar reason... :palm:

heh, if you need some help, let me know.

The volcano is underneath the largest glacier in Europe so yeah, it could very well happen again. Now if we would have something half as terrible as Laki happen underneath one of the glaciers then that would shut down all air travel for months if not years. Hell Iceland would probably have to be evacuated...

heh, if you need some help, let me know.

Thanks for that but I've placed an order at Fastener-Express so we'll see how that goes. I naturally forgot the 5/16 T-nuts though... :palm:

It lives! Fired it up (not literally) last night, and things seem good. Takes around 4 hours to adjust bias and make sure it is stable, so will do that this week sometime.

IMG_1900.jpg

I guess the charred portion will just stay like it is as there is no plus to removing the board to clean it up as best I can, but lots of negatives as in 8 MOSFETs I could blow up...