Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

16 GB 3G iPad for my wife's birthday.

1 full slab of Cesar Stone for bathroom countertop. Hopefully we will have enough leftover to use in the master bath next year.

4 more boxes of 18 x 18 tiles to cover bottom half of walls and extra bull nose

Edited by tyrion

Looking good, Mike. We are just about to start the bathroom remodel. I think we are going to have a big chunky slate counter. Reminds me to do some before pics. It is the last original room in the house, and hasn't changed much since 1936 when it was built. All the rest has been updated and remodeled, so it will be a little sad to see it go on the one hand and a much-needed improvement on the other.

Too bad you aren't closer, as I could probably get you some deals on some of the stuff you will be buying. We were going to go with granite but it was too much of a pain to match and most of it was too busy to go with the sinks, which are pretty busy themselves.

53e9ca7e.jpg

Maybe that was it.

The slate should be cool, although the wood veneer may be the most interesting part if we stick with the plan. Attached is a rendering that is not up to date but attempts to show that kind of veneer we like for the cabinets. Seems like something Tice would approve.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3557[/ATTACH]

post-95-12951157957178_thumb.jpg

Love the cabinetry and the flooring, and the copper/tile sink is brilliant! Is that marble on the floor Mike?

I'm glad people are going back to dark cabinets. I'm so tired of the light wood phase.

Indeed!

They originally proposed some light-ass wood and darker tile and we said "Fuck that!" The counter is supposed to be slate and the tile is TBD but will likely be from Heath Ceramics in Marin.

Edited by Voltron

Love the cabinetry and the flooring, and the copper/tile sink is brilliant! Is that marble on the floor Mike?

I'm glad people are going back to dark cabinets. I'm so tired of the light wood phase.

The floor is tile. The sinks look better in person and might be the single most expensive component of the bathroom.