Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I paid a shop to remove the tires on my VW and check the brake pads which the computer insists are busted. Plenty of life left in them yet it still gives me an error message... :mad:

Ohh and some moar powdercoating though does paying with cakes and baked goods count? The SRM-Xh balanced amp will be rather pretty... :cool:

10 DP JJ Belicoso from Joe Cigar Daily Deal . Can get some pretty good deals when they have a jam going. I am a bit dubious about the quality of some of their cigars though. Received some RP Decades that were less than stellar. Might just be RP going down hill.

A wee little laptop.

Nice!

Yeah hope you have been working out your back and shoulders if you plan to travel with it :)

I have been lugging the 1730 around for a while, and while it's nice having a terabyte of on board storage and being able to game anywhere, it can get a bit old moving it around. I still think as a primary computer a high end gaming laptop is the way to go.

Pfft... :D I'm going to pick up a tiny Acer tomorrow to have something to watch TV and listen to music on while on my way to CJ.

I don't know how I did long distance travel before my netbook. The uncut Das Boot makes a journey worth taking. I think I might get some mariokart practice in on the flight this time...

1 CanJam ticket...

if anyone in the general Indy/Cincy area needs a lift, just ask...but you do so now at your own peril...some 16 year old little shit knocked me off the road the other day so I'm w/o a proper driver's side mirror...the Accord still gets me 'round, but it's seen better days...

MUST NOT SPEND INSURANCE MONEY ON HI-FI...heh...

Very interesting, care to let us know the specs of your selected configuration? (I played, ooh that looks nice on the Dell site and got it up to $4k of play money) :)

Sure, I'll share.

Processor: I went low, i5 520, I may upgrade this at some point but no higher than the

Graphics: dual 4870s

Ram: 4GB

HD: single 500 spinny thing for now, I desire a SSD for the primary but it's out of the budget for now.

Display: 1900 x 1200 RGBLED, it's friggen gorgeous

Most importantly I bought it lightly used (2 months) from some gamer freak who wanted to get one with the newly released 5870s and took a 30% hit by doing so. It's also covered by Dell's warranty for the next 3 years which is very important to me for anything that will run this hot/hard while gaming. So far it's blindingly fast even running in balanced power mode. I'll open it up to full power later on tonight once I get World At War (COD4) installed.

And Al, no, it's not a MAC. I have recently become pretty frustrated with the Apple's "we know everything you want to do and will tell you how to do it" model. There is no disputing the superior user experience that a Mac offers for casual computing but I need something that'll run full 3D CAD and the occasional game. With the same budget I couldn't even max out a 15" macbook pro, not to mention wanting a 17" screen for drafting.

10 DP JJ Belicoso from Joe Cigar Daily Deal . Can get some pretty good deals when they have a jam going. I am a bit dubious about the quality of some of their cigars though. Received some RP Decades that were less than stellar. Might just be RP going down hill.

entirely possible that CI keeps their stogies dripping wet, or that RP is spread thin. Having said that I've ordered quite a few cigars from Cigar Bid, which is run by CI, and haven't had a stinker yet. also I didn't realize there was a jam on, thanks!

I have recently become pretty frustrated with the Apple's "we know everything you want to do and will tell you how to do it" model.

and this is my basic beef with the Apple lifestyle. even though PCs are more of a pain in the ass, its just the person I am. I don't know how else to explain it or defend it, its like even when I'm not gaming I just consider myself a gamer/power user. Having said that I love my iPhone, though I was playing with a Droid the other day and was pretty impressed. They just need to get that touchscreen more responsive, and heck maybe they have already...

Nate, Jack ... I empathize with your "Apple control freak" reaction. When I was designing and programming, it was all C++, VB, and SQL server, and the thought of such a controlled environment was anathema to me. I loved that I could build pc hardware exactly how I wanted, and tweak every aspect of the user experience to my liking.

That was then, this is now. Since retiring, I bought a MacBook as a look at the dark side. Damn, if it didn't do all I wanted (I had no need to design or program anymore), and with ease and elegance. Even better, it had the full *nix command line experience available with terminal, which, admit it, is way beyond MSDOS was/will ever be. I was in heaven. It was like back in the '70s when I gave in to automatic transmission.

Get over it, boys, Steve had the staying power and won the computer game. Bill made $$$ and split to do good. That's another story, and who knows who did more for the universe?

and this is my basic beef with the Apple lifestyle. even though PCs are more of a pain in the ass, its just the person I am. I don't know how else to explain it or defend it, its like even when I'm not gaming I just consider myself a gamer/power user. Having said that I love my iPhone, though I was playing with a Droid the other day and was pretty impressed. They just need to get that touchscreen more responsive, and heck maybe they have already...

I'm Postjack, and I'm a PC. :)

Actually, the self-righteousness of Apple bothers me too but I am happy with my Apple products and have succumbed to the iPad as a smaller, easier solution for portable computing than either a netbook or my horrid work laptop.

240 Tojiro DP and 1000/6000 grit waterstone. If I don't screw this one up and manage to keep all my fingers and toes, I may move up a Hattori at some point.

13710.jpg

Nice Shelly, I just got one of these Victorinox RH Forschner 8" chef knives, just couldnt justify the extra with the amount of cooking I actually do.

21YLT9OP71L._SS500_.jpg

Nice Colin! You'll have to let us know what you think of it.

um, yeah, maybe, but whatever you do, don't bring that bad boy to CJ. Shelly - what are you thinking? Don't encourage this madman. He is one Consecration away from climbing a tower and shooting us all. Colin ... please tell us you can't find Consecration in Hoboken.

Colin, I love you, man, but you gotta admit, sour beer makes you crazy. See you at CJ!