Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Let's just say that his wallet is now very thin and almost weightless. :eek:

It wasn't too bad. Got an offer I couldn't didn't want to refuse on the P3ESRs, but passed on the rest. The LFD Zero is a great match with the Harbeths but has a few issues, chief of which is the high gain. In a medium-sized room I never went past nine on the pot. Nearfield, you'd have about five degrees of play between silent and damn loud. So, yeah, now I have a groovy box with a Union Jack on it to stare at for a while until something nice pops up on Audiogon. :)

PS: Tom, the big $6K LFD integrated + the Monitor 40s is something to hear. :eek:

It wasn't too bad. Got an offer I couldn't didn't want to refuse on the P3ESRs, but passed on the rest. The LFD Zero is a great match with the Harbeths but has a few issues, chief of which is the high gain. In a medium-sized room I never went past nine on the pot. Nearfield, you'd have about five degrees of play between silent and damn loud. So, yeah, now I have a groovy box with a Union Jack on it to stare at for a while until something nice pops up on Audiogon. :)

PS: Tom, the big $6K LFD integrated + the Monitor 40s is something to hear. :eek:

Jolly good show, old chap! And aren't you reassured by the fact that the details of your loudspeakers are maintained in Harbeth's Master Log Book? I know I sleep better at night as a result.

Congrats and get on the 'gon to find something nice.

Jolly good show, old chap! And aren't you reassured by the fact that the details of your loudspeakers are maintained in Harbeth's Master Log Book? I know I sleep better at night as a result.

Congrats and get on the 'gon to find something nice.

I shall, Al.

Forgot to mention I also bought about 45 used LPs and they gave me 15 of them free, which was jolly decent. These included all four proper Flock Of Seagulls albums, so to the posh new arrivals: "You'll play it! And you'll like it!"

... all four proper Flock Of Seagulls albums...
Four? 'Proper'? You don't count Light at the End of the World? Why not? Not 80's? Or because it didn't come out on vinyl? Or because it was an attempt at a revival?

Yes, I have it. No, I don't know if I've listened to it or not. And no, if I have, I certainly don't remember if it's any good or not. So yeah, YMMV, grain of salt, blah blah bellah.