Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Yep. I tell myself it and I've actually followed through for a couple months but now I really want to buy tickets to a meet at which I will likely hear JH13s and do something rather stupid.

Dew it! :D

Come to think of it, let us say that, in order to stop myself from making any further audio-gear related purchases this year, I make a contract binding myself to the act that, if I ever do make a gear-related purchase, I have to buy a matching set for another head-caser, and said contract is signed by my person as well as by two witnesses, besides being a great deterrent to keep my wallet happy, would this be sufficient legal documentation if someone were to bring the case to court?

I'll be a witness in person if you'd like.

Come to think of it, let us say that, in order to stop myself from making any further audio-gear related purchases this year, I make a contract binding myself to the act that, if I ever do make a gear-related purchase, I have to buy a matching set for another head-caser, and said contract is signed by my person as well as by two witnesses, besides being a great deterrent to keep my wallet happy, would this be sufficient legal documentation if someone were to bring the case to court?

Screw legal documents. You just need some muscle to enforce.

I think I'm done.

EDIT: other than ...

Quoted for bad omen.

Good luck with that, man.

PS We have legal counsel, if you want to try to find your way out of that "binding contract".

EDIT: Seriously -- The BHSE has yet to be out-done, as far as I'm concerned. I haven't heard a BA, but all reports are that it is top notch, and you may, indeed, be done. For amps. Now you're on to sources.

Actually it is quite simple as long as you live by the rule of reciprocity. "One for me, one for the wife/significant other" Restraint is waaayy overhyped really.

But how will you measure them?

I haven't measured the HD800s really. I should get around to that sometime. My measurements helped me figure out why I like what I like and I've sort of moved on a bit. That said I'm not getting rid of any of my measurement setup.:cool:

Lately I really haven't been listening much outside of work (Creative Zen -> AE-2-> ER-4s) because I've been going out riding or to the gym and riding every evening and then by the time I get home Meaghan is home and I want to hang out with her. Imagine that :palm:

New iPhone 3GS 16GB to replace the one stolen out of my wife's classroom by a scumbag student.

New iPhone cover to replace the one on the iPhone stolen out of my wife's classroom by a scumbag student.

Cable lock for the Macbook Pro that has not yet been stolen out of my wife's classroom by a scumbag student.

Magic Mouse for me after being such a nice guy and buying that crap and activating the phone, etc. :)

New iPhone 3GS 16GB to replace the one stolen out of my wife's classroom by a scumbag student.

New iPhone cover to replace the one on the iPhone stolen out of my wife's classroom by a scumbag student.

Cable lock for the Macbook Pro that has not yet been stolen out of my wife's classroom by a scumbag student.

Magic Mouse for me after being such a nice guy and buying that crap and activating the phone, etc. :)

I'd estimate that about 35% of the weekly Police Blotter in our poky little whitebread IT cube farm dormitory town is made up of iPod and iPhone thefts from lockers, bags, cars at the High School. I would advocate simply buying every student one and saving the countless hours of cop time, but have to assume half would immediately be traded for fake IDs or sold to buy weed, so there are some flaws in the model. Teenagers suck.

Maybe you should try something new then. I think Chekhonte is single.

dunno.gif

And I have heard of a certain someone who has a tice in need of testing/de-mothballing. :D

I haven't measured the HD800s really. I should get around to that sometime. My measurements helped me figure out why I like what I like and I've sort of moved on a bit. That said I'm not getting rid of any of my measurement setup.:cool:

Lately I really haven't been listening much outside of work (Creative Zen -> AE-2-> ER-4s) because I've been going out riding or to the gym and riding every evening and then by the time I get home Meaghan is home and I want to hang out with her. Imagine that :palm:

Actually, I would be really curious to see how your measurements and what Senn provided match up on the HD800.

Tektronix CFG280

Function Generators: CFG253 ? CFG280 > Data Sheets : Tektronix

Claims ≤25 ns rise/fall time at maximum output into 50 Ω load for square wave output. We will see.

Very nice! A function generator is probably the next major test equipment purchase for me, but I am not really sure what to look for or from where.

Very nice! A function generator is probably the next major test equipment purchase for me, but I am not really sure what to look for or from where.

Your guess is as good as mine. My parameters were simple. Fast square wave rise/fall time (most are 100 ns, which seemed too slow to me, given what some of Ti's amps measure at), low distortion sine wave and relatively compact. I'm curious to compare the sine wave distortion to what one can generate from a CD player, for example, or even a sound card. I think these other methods might work pretty well, so, when it came down to it, square wave performance was what I cared about most. Ti uses a Wavetek 188, which is another datapoint to consider. This Tek should be twice as fast as that in theory.