Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Be prepared for the sound and smell of awesome!! :P

Here is hoping! SRM-1/mk2 to start, probably an SRX variant next, then thinking KGSS with the bias cranked. Its nice that mouser now stocks singles of the IXYS 10m90.

Al, that SR-Omega looks absolutely pristine. Enjoy!

Congrats Al and if you bring them to CJ'10 then I'd be happy to go over them for you. :)

AFAIK there were no black T1W's, only different shades of the gunmetal gray.

Thanks Birgir, I will take you up on that! And glad to hear that you are planning to attend in Chicago. That will be good fun.

They just arrived and tomorrow they will be going to the Bay Area meet so I can sample them on the BHSE and the WES, among others. I think that they are in excellent shape and will give them a listen with Naaman's BH tonight. The box and the cans are so light, I was almost worried that they weren't in there while opening up the package.

One question, the cans and the wood box have s/n 511 but the cardboard box has s/n 512. Seems odd, especially because it is just one number off, so I have asked insomniac if he knows why that is (acquired separately, some mixup when originally purchased, etc.). Anybody know why that might be? Also, how many total were made? Padam suggested that this was near the end of the run. Just curious.

Electrostatic relativism. :)

With 'stats, everything matters... :P

Thanks Birgir, I will take you up on that! And glad to hear that you are planning to attend in Chicago. That will be good fun.

It should be a blast with plenty of cool electrostatic stuff. I'm planning a high-end transformer box and then there is the T2 DIY version, perhaps a DIY Egmont amp plus what ever Kevin brings. :o

They just arrived and tomorrow they will be going to the Bay Area meet so I can sample them on the BHSE and the WES, among others. I think that they are in excellent shape and will give them a listen with Naaman's BH tonight. The box and the cans are so light, I was almost worried that they weren't in there while opening up the package.

The box is a bit anti-climatic when compared to the HE90 unit but it does its job...

One question, the cans and the wood box have s/n 511 but the cardboard box has s/n 512. Seems odd, especially because it is just one number off, so I have asked insomniac if he knows why that is (acquired separately, some mixup when originally purchased, etc.). Anybody know why that might be? Also, how many total were made? Padam suggested that this was near the end of the run. Just curious.

It was probably a mix up at some point, at the original Stax dealer or even Stax in Japan. I've never seen a 520 or higher S/N so they are certainly some of the last ones made.

1) Today I paid for my HD800's of which are arriving on Tuesday 11th

August.....and looking forward to the phone call when they come in.

2) Kimber Kable replacment for my HD650's (of which are long over due.)

3) Kimber Kable extention lead for headphones in general.

4) Paid off a small loan before it's first deffered payment in full.

A great day :jbl::dance:

First up was long-overdue state inspection for the motorcycle followed by front and rear brake pads for the same in order to get the sticker today

You know that if you spray them and the calipers with armor-all, they'll last a lot longer and also stand up to the NE rainy weather and salted roads better. :angel:

What's that work out to Steve? 5lbs of pasta and 5lbs of cheese? :)

Very close indeed. Add the heavy cream and sour cream for the cheese sauce.

I developed my recipe over several years of trial and error, but have it pretty well perfected now. So much so that it's usually requested at gatherings.

I'll post the recipe for anyone interested. This is what I refer to as a single batch, and just reading the recipe will put 2lbs. above the beltline.

1 Lb. Large Macaroni noodles

2 Lbs. Cheese (I like a mix of Cheddar and Pepper Jack)

1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream

1 Pint Sour Cream

Start boiling water for noodles in a large pot. Add the macaroni once water is at a full boil. You can add salt to the water if desired.

Shred or dice cheese in small cubes. Set aside a handful of shredded cheese to sprinkle on top of macaroni.

Add the heavy cream and cubed cheese into 2 Qt. sauce pan, and use medium heat until cheese is thoroughly melted. Stir often.

Once the macaroni noodles are just slightly under cooked take them off the heat and drain the water. Put the noodles back in the large pot and pour the cheese sauce over the noodles. Add the sour cream and stir well. Be careful not to break up the noodles.

Sprinkle the handful of shredded cheese over the top and bake in a pre heated 400 degree oven uncovered for 45 minutes. Immediately after baking set the oven to broil to brown the cheese on top. Keep a close eye here, and this should only take a minute.

Enjoy!