Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

The receiver's in surprisingly good condition considering how old it is. It'll be replacing the Parasound/Teac combo in my living room, which will simplify things a bit in there. The bulbs for the tuner display needs replacing, but I may not bother seeing as only stations I listen are the two local public stations (i.e., don't need to be able to see what station I'm at from a distance).

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Well the mostly built Firstwatt F5 I paid for more than 4 weeks ago finally arrived (after I lodged a paypal claim).

The box seems to be more parcel tape than cardboard and there might be one of two foam peanuts inside. I'm not opening it until I have a camera. I have ominous feelings. Good thing I did open the dispute before the window closed maybe. When I posted out the old Mini-Aleph I used egg crate foam, newspaper and reinforced the box with wood. Aren't you supposed to take care when you're sending something very heavy?

A second, far better put together parcel also arrived. That one I am going to open... :)

Nice! Please share your thought. I've actually be using my Ipod Touch as a mini-kindle lately and I've been surprised at how well it works in that regard. Not sure I could ever justify the real thing at the current prices but it's still fun to dream.

Will do, I paid extra to have it arrive on Saturday too, cause that's how I roll :D

It was kind of an unplanned splurge, but all the other toys I want (read: audio) are significantly more money. So I can't really justify the price, but that is how I rationalize it.

not if you don't give a flying fuck.

The casing not being securedly tightened together, the circuit boards being loose the torroid almost loose enough to have gone smashing around the insides like a singlepower wallmart, tape stuck over the front panel and holes in what, for lack of a better term, one could call the box, suggest he didnt give one. Odd because this is supposed to be an audio business. I made a couple of films with my flatmates camera. So once I can get the files off it you'll get to hear my lovely voice doing the unboxing.

Nothing seems smashed or broken, which is the upside. Although the fact that I bought it incomplete means I can't exactly test for fault.

Nice! Please share your thought. I've actually be using my Ipod Touch as a mini-kindle lately and I've been surprised at how well it works in that regard. Not sure I could ever justify the real thing at the current prices but it's still fun to dream.
I don't own one, but I've looked at a friend's. The electronic paper technology is entirely different to look at than LCD/LED technology -- much less fatiguing. I would love to have access to that kind of technology for some of the papers I read without having to print them out.

recordmailer2.jpg

wow, those LP mailers look great. have you purchased them before? let me know how they work out.

Well they arrived just fine. That is a shitload of mailers. Should last a long time.

I just packed up a series of five albums I'm sending off to Luis and it worked great. They have dual perforations to adjust the width. You can fit about five with the smallest width so I was actually able to double box them. Seems very secure.