Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Most of those issues you had with the T61 sound like personal preference. As to the hardware problem, was there any problem getting it resolved?

Personal preference maybe, but the 1400x1050 resolution is downright visually distorted, an Ethernet jack on the left side is going to inconvenience maybe at least 50% of users, and the touchpad area is unnecessarily reduced by the double sets of buttons:

lenovo-t61-first-shot.jpg

As for the hardware problem, all it took was an in-warranty repair on Lenovo's part for a new HDD and BIOS refresh, came back as good as it should have in the first place. Wasn't customer-inflicted at all either, the laptop simply started going bad slowly over the first two months with lock-ups, blue-screens, and finally boot failure. Was the weirdest thing, glad it has no issues now.

Unnecessary unless you use the trackpoint. And obviously, an ethernet jack on one side or the other will bother the people that wanted it on the other. As to visually distorted, I'm not sure how. Just don't stretch images and there are no problems.

Hardware issues aren't weird. They happen. If they tested everythign that went out, the prices would be WAY higher.

'thanks for the message Grawk! At this point I'm hoping that the lappy I have arriving tomorrow will do the trick, but if not, it's Lenovo here I come. I'd go with the T400, but the way I'd deck it out, would end up being $1400+. When I can get a suitable, if not quite so wet-dream-worthy T61 for <$900, it's just a better investment.