Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Ok, finally finished putting together the tiny, low power home file server I mentioned before. It got delayed from having to build the HDD mounting bracket and the internal power cable (plus all the times I took it apart to change/add things like switches, power connector, LEDs, etc), but it's finally working.

fileserver1si7.jpg

fileserver2aj4.jpg

Wowsers. I *wish* I could say I bought something exciting like some Stax...... :(

But all I can muster is the BJC order I placed last week, and picked up from the post office today. Three sets of LC-1 stereo audio cables to replace all my cheapies.

I think that if you look closely you'll find you got something out of the deal. ;)

hrm, I'm overtired, I don't catch subtlety right now :) It took me almost a full day to find the spinal tap thread on the other site.

Ok, finally finished putting together the tiny, low power home file server I mentioned before. It got delayed from having to build the HDD mounting bracket and the internal power cable (plus all the times I took it apart to change/add things like switches, power connector, LEDs, etc), but it's finally working.

Is that the thing your fun with Molex conectors harness was for? Good job.

Is that the thing your fun with Molex conectors harness was for? Good job.

Hah yeah, it is, thanks. I think in the future I'll just stick with standard cases... no more of this building half the stuff from scratch nonsense.

they've gone back to being a magazine about culture, music, and politics, instead of being a movie celebrity/semi-lad mag like they were for several years. it's basically classic Rolling Stone, again.

Yep, I got a free 1 year subscription for joining Salon.com, thinking what the hell I probably wouldn't like it. But when that was about to expire I renewed for 2 years because it really has been a worthwhile read.

6 tickets to B.B. King & Willie Nelson at The Wharf in Orange Beach, AL, July 26 2008. $78 a piece after fees. :kitty:

ah well, I guess if I look at it like I'm seeing two headliners I only feel mildly screwed over. I remember paying $33 to see Metallica when I was 15 and thinking how outrageous the price was.