Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

god i love sushi. there are some great sushi places in cinci (large expat japanese population here, surprisingly). unfortunately, my best friend and meal buddy hates sushi, and it sucks eating some fugi, and drinking some asahi and sake by yourself.

aren't the 6BX7 just great tubes?

Love sushi, and love the sushi place on the square where my office is located (not that I go into the office much anymore). The sushi presentation and taste is always excellent. Lunch prices are reasonable - sushi & sashimi special for $9 rules. Dinner prices are much higher but the sushi boat is like totally awesome. The "boat for 1" easily feeds 2 - at least if you can eat faster than your girl then you're good ;D

Haven't heard the 6BX7 yet - gonna compare them to the 6BL7GTA I've got on my Supra - which are already kicking ass now that they've got some hours, and now that I got the driver tube thing sorted out (GE 12AY7).

god i love sushi. there are some great sushi places in cinci (large expat japanese population here, surprisingly). unfortunately, my best friend and meal buddy hates sushi, and it sucks eating some fugi, and drinking some asahi and sake by yourself.

aren't the 6BX7 just great tubes?

Funny, I always liked sushi when I was on the road travelling alone because I could sit and talk to the sushi chef. Ended up with a nasty sushi habit as a result of that. I still can't walk out of a sushi bar for less than $75, because I have a taste for the fish that doesn't come in the "sushi combo".

Funny, I always liked sushi when I was on the road travelling alone because I could sit and talk to the sushi chef. Ended up with a nasty sushi habit as a result of that. I still can't walk out of a sushi bar for less than $75, because I have a taste for the fish that doesn't come in the "sushi combo".

sushi combo is pointless, got to order it individually. toro tuna ftw

sushi combo is pointless, got to order it individually. toro tuna ftw

newbie :)

What I've found is the best way to get great fish is to sit down, order uni and tobiko w/ quail egg, and THEN ask the chef to surprise you.

It works because people who eat uni like weird fish, and people who put quail egg on their tobiko aren't gonna be necessarily wanting things that are on the menu :)

uni is one of my favorites. haven't tried tobiko with quail egg on it, i should try that

Yup, got it :) Got my greg egan collection the other day.

btw, I got my grab bag a few weeks back, some good stuff including a signed Scott Lynch Red Seas Under Red Skies. I didn't like that book nearly as much as Lies of Locke Lamora, but its still cool.

Lots of Poppy Z. Brite though. I've never heard her stuff, but I can't say I've ever been intrigued enough to. :-\