Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

;)

Too bad I really can't afford it, and will now be scraping to sell shit and break even.

I spent too long thinking about contacting that dude on head-fi when he made his final price drop and added "make an offer" but I waited too long when I saw that your little wiener dog beat me to it.

I spent too long thinking about contacting that dude on head-fi when he made his final price drop and added "make an offer" but I waited too long when I saw that your little wiener dog beat me to it.

little wiener dog :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I made him an offer a while before he was accepting them. He was desperate for cash, and I told him I'd give him 180, which was a good 60 below what he wanted at the time. I also had money waiting for him to just give me the word. He buckled under the pressure.

That's a long way out to still be in communist country. Shoulda gone to NH. :)

Well, we may still end doing that. The house inspection was done today and there were couple of things that popped up that would need to get corrected by the seller before we ahead with the purchase. If he refuses, we'll just walk away and go back to looking.

With my big yearly ski trip coming, I made a trip up to the North Face outlet in Freeport. New ski pants, jacket, mittens and hat between 30 and 50 % off already discounted prices. Man, I love that place.
So considering how jacked up their prices are to begin with, that brings them back down to, what, "reasonable"?

So considering how jacked up their prices are to begin with, that brings them back down to, what, "reasonable"?

The annual sale at the north face outlet in berkeley had some amazing prices. Not reasonable. Amazing. The outlet is normally reaosnable. :)

While I agree that they aren't a bargain at retail, I also appreciate the product. I have a TNF jacket I bought my freshman year in HS that I beat the hell out of and it still looks great. All of my TNF stuff has held up remarkably well, and I only have bought new stuff because a) I'm not the skinny kid I was through college and B) I like having lots of jackets. I do think their low-end stuff is definitely way overpriced... It doesn't hold up well at all. But their higher-end gear, including their TNFx line a few years ago, the Summit Series, Flight Series, Apex jackets and the Steep Tech line all wears like nails. No torn velcro, no lost buttons, no ruined zippers, no loose stitching. Between getting beaten with gates when I raced, branches in the glades, metal edges during particularly violent crashes, or scraping across ice or occasionally rocks when hitting bare spots... None has done more than leave a passing mark.

Oh yeah...

Freedom Pants, Retail $130, priced at $76, and then marked down another 30% = $54

Sentinal Summit Series soft shell, Retail $230, priced at $170, and then marked down another 30% = $120

Himalayan down mittens (800 wgt goose down), Retail $130, priced at $92 and marked down another 50% = $46

Plus, for spending > $150, I got a 2 for 1 ticket at Sugarloaf.

Okay, yeah, those are prices I'd pay.

I'm not saying North Face is bad, they just seemed overpriced, every time I looked at something by them. The fact that they were head-turning enough to look at tells me I'd still like to own some of their gear. I was probably looking at the low-end gear that you were referring to.

Dan -- are there any outlets anywhere near me (and for reference, I usually set my searches to "within 200 miles")? You have to realize, when I went to the North Face site to "find a store near you", I got a bunch of Macy's and Nordstromses. Not exactly the place I look to, to get a deal.

I spent yesterday in Austin with luvdunhill. He took me to a great Half Priced Books and then to Waterloo Records. Woo Hoo, I haven't had that experience since the 80's. Picked up...

Gregg Allman - I'm No Angel

ELO - Out Of The Blue

Elton John - Rock Of The Westies

Rickie Lee Jones - Rickie Lee Jones

Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown

Gordon Lightfoot - Summertime Dream

Joan Armatrading - The Key

The Dream Academy - The Dream Academy

& Dire Straights - Dire Straights

all on vinyl & a Michael Bubl

Just bought the Lambdas and SRD-7 MkII @ $300 :prettyprincess:

great deal!! the lambdas are definitely my favorite budget phone.

I just got my bjc speaker cables in today, so tonight I get to hook up my SRD-7 MKII and listen to my Lambdas again. I've been normal biasless for many weeks now.