My vinyl source sounds better then my digital source

postjack

There is a realness, a presence, and a delicious liquidity all swirling in a limitless black space with the vinyl. I don't even hear the pops and crackles on my old crappy records anymore. I remember these used to really bother me, but now they don't. I think my ears are being spoiled.

On the other hand, the sound from the 999es, at least with redbook, very much exists in a space. Sometimes I feel like my recording has been placed in a 16-bit box and when I put on my headphones and hit play I am just looking down in that box, "hey, there is my music there." Whereas with vinyl I am there with the music in infinite space, sharing in the universal groove, weaving in and out of all the sounds.

That pretty well sums up how I feel about vinyl vs digital, too. I haven't listened to a full CD in my home rig for 3 months now and don't miss it a bit. I'd been through a couple digital sources that cost more than my TT, too - G08 and SCD1 (even considering SACD). Digital is fine for my work rig...which consists of PortaPros...straight out of my Dell PC :D

(HD650 or L3000) and vinyl, is where magic happens.