I recorded an album

hungrych

At 2 am, me on lead vocals, my friend on guitar and backup vocals.

http://download.yousendit.com/441B20A4642B386E

We were fucking around, and realized at about 4 that we had recorded like 18 songs, then we did 2 more in the morning. All improvised. It's pretty stupid, but it does get better as it goes. The highlights are probably Merlin, Godzilla, For Pluto, Everyone's Sleeping... And You Should Be Too, and Lazy Frog. But really they're all great.

That's really wierd, it was 28mb as a wma (the recorder used wma)and I transcoded it to alac so it would work in itunes. Dunno why it would be ten times the size... I'll work on it.

cos wma is lossy and alac is lossless? you should have converted to aac, or better yet, mp3 (so it'll work anywhere).

either way, i got mine downloaded. i will give a listen later and report back with a full review. :)

cos wma is lossy and alac is lossless? you should have converted to aac, or better yet, mp3 (so it'll work anywhere).

either way, i got mine downloaded. i will give a listen later and report back with a full review. :)

But why would making a wma into a lossless file add data? Either way, I look forward to the review. :P

Low Batteries is probably my favourite track of the ones I've auditioned -- it has that punky vibe on acoustic thing going on.

Wombats from Hell is also surprisingly good, what with its Bauhaus tinged production.

You guys could use an editor, though. And it's fairly painful to listen to on headphones, the guitar primarily in one earpiece and the voice primarily in the other. It'd probably be a lot less painful to listen to on speakers, so I'll do that later.

And a producer. And some synthesizers. And some beats. And a better microphone (the one you used makes you sound congested).

Synthesizers? I'm not selling out just yet... ;D

It sounds fine on my L3ks, but it's just a usb key/recorder thing I found lying around at my friends house, so the quality won't be that good. We recorded the last two tracks when we woke up so the amp wouldn't wake everyone up.

What should be edited? I like the random talking, it gives insight into the songwriting process since that was literally all the writing we did. :P

Wombats from Hell is also surprisingly good, what with its Bauhaus tinged production.

That's actually my other friend playing Zelda. :D

(the one you used makes you sound congested).

I don't think it's the mic, I actually was congested after having a really bad cold/allergies for a week.