No DFE here, only "expect perfection" ???

deepak

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a headphone that closely resembles a toilet bowl really better than a retarded looking headphone?

dude it looks like an ipod, its white like a white ipod. white is better then most other headphones, which are usually black. rasizm, damn.

for one reason or another the k1000 didn't make them enough money to continue manufacturing it.

they look like they would be comfortable as hell on my head though. :)

I've now sent them out to the new owner. I won't miss them in the slightest. I listened to them a lot before I made the decision to sell and they were unbelievably dull. They couldn't capture the emotion of the music like good headphones can. Also lacking in dynamics, and just boring to listen to.

I did a few K1000 vs K701 comparisons and the K1000 was just so much more involving to listen to.

Where's the K501 sound that I loved when I heard them in NYC? IMO the K501 are truly mini K1000s.

this statement does not help my wallet. i fucking love my k501 and hate the k701. i need to hear a pair of k1000s...

Keep in mind I heard the K501 for a very brief time at a hifi audio store (probably spent about 20-30 minutes with it) so my statement might be romanticizing the K501 (most average to good headphones should sound good in a short audition, the K701 did to me). And it was playing out of a McIntosh integrated amp with Arcam CDP.