slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I watch this, the more I'm convinced it's fake. Watch the door that hits him from behind, it burst before it even hits him, and it barely touches his butt. Which is hardly hard enough to break glass.

Yes, there's the theory that it warps to the point of breaking, but it hardly warps at all, too. It almost looks like it's "blown" in classic Hollywood style, with the charges in the frame, part of which falls off.

The more I watch this, the more I'm convinced it's fake. Watch the door that hits him from behind, it burst before it even hits him, and it barely touches his butt. Which is hardly hard enough to break glass.

Yes, there's the theory that it warps to the point of breaking, but it hardly warps at all, too. It almost looks like it's "blown" in classic Hollywood style, with the charges in the frame, part of which falls off.

If you look at it frame by frame, it looks like the door behind him breaks from the leftmost door hitting it, not from him getting sandwiched between them. From what I can tell, he walks right into the door ahead of him, or nearly does and stops suddenly, then gets pushed back by it. A split second before he backs into the door behind him, the door behind it slams into it and the glass breaks and half the frame falls into the lobby. The guy goes through the shower of glass and hits that other door instead, which instead of breaking just gets pushed back until he clears out, at which point it starts trying to move forward again.

Something probably got bent or twisted on the frame when the doors started collapsing in like that, possibly at the central hinge, which damaged the glass enough to shatter it. I know first hand how hard it is to try to break tempered glass just by hitting it (such as if he were sandwiched between them), but since the edge of tempered glass is it's biggest weak point, even minor damage to the edge from when the frame got fucked is enough to cause the whole pane to shatter.