Your recent music purchases

deepak

Forgot to add Nirvana - Nevermind [MFSL] earlier.

asr: That is an nice list. By the way, where did you pick up the Barry Diament-mastered LZ set?

From deepak who listed it here: http://www.head-case.org/forums/general-sale/7231-sold-led-zeppelin-barry-diament-mastered-first-pressing-cd-set.html

And while we're talking about HDTracks, I thought I'd copy this from a newsletter I got from them a while back:

As you are probably aware, over the last few weeks, we have been alerting our customers that the price of our high-resolution content is being raised from $15.98 to $17.98 on October 1st.

HDtracks has been working diligently to attract more high resolution content from record labels, but many record labels feel that their product in a high-resolution format is worth a much higher premium then in their standard, 44.1/16 resolution. Consequently, without implementing a price increase, HDtracks would have no chance of attracting the kind of content we believe is necessary to satisfy our customers.

We want our customers to know that the last thing that we wanted to do was raise the price of our high-resolution content. But we made the difficult decision to augment our prices, because our goal, ultimately, is to make sure that the most extensive selection is available to our customers. We think you are going to be extremely happy with the new labels and titles we will be offering before the end of the year.

We hope you understand our position, and to show our appreciation, we are offering you as a special high-res store customer one-time 20% discount coupon code hires9624, which is good until the end of the year. Though our promotional discounts generally do not extend for so long, we wanted the discount to be available long enough for you take advantage of the exciting high resolution content being made available on HDtracks.com before the end of the year.

Thanks for all your continued support.

I was about to buy this RB cd but thought I would ask here first.

Anyone know of a really good quality recording of Rodrigo- Concierto De Aranjuez, performed by Pepe Romero, any great quality Pepe Romero recordings, or anyone else who performs Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez?

Thanks.

ref=dp_otherviews_0?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&img=0

Jeff, watch the credit card accounts you used with HD tracks. I read recently that there was some fraud that was believed to be tied to accounts used at HD Tracks, so they may have been compromised.

He and I have both used Paypal there and that has not been a problem so far.

Thanks for the HDT code, Steve. I looked at that email and never made it as far as the promo code. Should have saved myself some money the other day. :palm:

Do you know if the Blue Note SACD remasters have run into any issues? If not, I think they've really dropped the ball seeing as the LPs keep coming but the SACDs have all but stopped for the past 6+ months. =/

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that these SACDs haven't been selling that well. My guess is because they're readily available in many cheaper versions on CD. AcousticSounds has even distributed the SACDs that are out to resellers like amazon. The main selling point for the 45s was that original Blue Note LPs are now very expensive.

Newest Sadao Watanabe from Japan CD

Duke Ellington and His Orchestra The Nutcracker Suite 180 gram Pure Pleasure remaster

100x100_CS8341.jpg

Rosemary Clooney and Duke Ellinton Blue Rose 180 gram Pure Pleasure remaster

200704_clooney_ellington.jpg

Louis Armstrong Plays W. C. Handy 180 gram Pure Pleasure remaster

lp1282_louis%20armstrong-plays%20wc%20handy.jpg

John coltrane Quartet Ballads, ORG Ultimate 180 gram 45s

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000W4KSVA.jpg

The Gil Evans Orchestra Out of The Cool, Analogue Productions Impulse Reissue on 45rpm

gil_evans_sacd.jpg

A Bernie Grundman remastered RTI pressing of John Coltrane Giant Steps 45rpm

ldc364.jpg

Edited by Augsburger

Luckily, Greg made this a bit easier by posting some of the pics. Anyway, subscribed to the Acoustic Sounds and ORG Impulse! series and I was able to get the same number -- 064 -- for both even though subscriptions have been for sale for many months. That is lame except that people went for other numbers because when they signed up because my Blue Note number (243) was not available. Probably somebody had that number for the Fantasy 45 series. Anyway, there were 3 AP titles and 2 ORG already issued so they came all at once and I have gotten through most of 2 of them so far. Exquisite. Gatefold covers are amazing too. Super happy.

Analogue Productions:

The Gil Evans Orchestra Out of The Cool

74.+The+Gil+Evans+Orchestra+-+Out+of+the+Cool+(1960).jpg

John Coltrane -- Coltrane

AIPJ_21__55936__01152009124857-4081.jpg

Charles Mingus -- Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus

ASAIPJ54.jpg

ORG:

John Coltrane Quartet -- Ballads

albumcoverJohnColtrane-Ballads.jpg

John Coltrane -- Live at the Village Vanguard

jc-live-at-the-village-vanguard.jpg

More Hi-res using the code Steve supplied. Thanks.

The Arnold Overtures

Best of New York Sessions Volume One

Blues & Grass

Hot Club of 52nd Street

Jeff-

Any of your HD Tracks purchases that stand out? I will probably pick up a few more with the code as well, and wondered what you were digging.

The Jerry Douglas stuff is good. Audio quality varies a bit from song to song but the best songs sound fantastic.

Hot Club of 52nd Street is a great live recording with excellent musicians but it is recorded at a low level so I have to adjust volume whenever one of these songs comes up in the shuffle.

Nancy Bryan is one I already had on vinyl and is a nice album. The music comes in second to the voice on this one but it is entertaining.

The Arnold Overtures is great. Honestly not a huge difference between this Hi-Res and my Tape Project RTR tapes.

52nd Street Blues Project - Blues and Grass is decent Blues but nothing special.

The pipe organ stuff is cool but not something I want to listen to all that often.

The Nick Drake cover album is great music with varying singers. Some really good covers and some so-so.

I like the Billy Burnette. Rock-a-billy Hi-Res. Not much of a voice but interesting songs.

The World's Greatest Audiophile Voices is as expected and sound fantastic.

The Chesky Area 31 has some excellent music and top notch recording.

The Best of New York Sessions is excellent but also recorded at a very low volume.

The Smithereens sing Tommy is cool for a couple of listens but nothing special.

The Monty Alexander Nat King Cole album is not bad. Great sound and music. Some of the covers are kind of odd though.

The Kinks albums are good but nothing overtly Hi-Res about them.

The Valerie Joyce is my least favorite. Very weird covers and her voice bugs me.

• 2 weeks later...