Your recent music purchases

deepak

I now own five different versions of Number of the Beast :prettyprincess: (my favorite Maiden album)

Number of the Beast has some of my favorite tracks played on Live After Death, but for studio efforts it's definitely not my favorite studio album. If forced to choose, I think I'd have to go with Piece of Mind just over Powerslave, with Seventh Son... a very close third, primarily on the strength of it as a concept album, and it being my first Maiden album I bought after Live After Death. Number of the Beast comes in right behind that.

Congrats on getting the black triangle version, though! :D

Number of the Beast has some of my favorite tracks played on Live After Death, but for studio efforts it's definitely not my favorite studio album. If forced to choose, I think I'd have to go with Piece of Mind just over Powerslave, with Seventh Son... a very close third, primarily on the strength of it as a concept album, and it being my first Maiden album I bought after Live After Death. Number of the Beast comes in right behind that.

Congrats on getting the black triangle version, though! :D

I think I'm a little strange since Fear of the Dark might be my second favorite Maiden album :o (generally disliked by many?)

But it holds a special place for me since it was the first album I heard of theirs in the 90s.

I'm not a huge fan of Powerslave, I usually prefer Maiden's catchier tunes opposed to their progressive stuff. Also strange since I'm a prog nut. Piece of Mind, Killers, Self Titled and Somewhere in Time are all fantastic as well.

I think I'm a little strange since Fear of the Dark might be my second favorite Maiden album :o (generally disliked by many?)

But it holds a special place for me since it was the first album I heard of theirs in the 90s.

I'm not a huge fan of Powerslave, I usually prefer Maiden's catchier tunes opposed to their progressive stuff. Also strange since I'm a prog nut. Piece of Mind, Killers, Self Titled and Somewhere in Time are all fantastic as well.

I too really like Fear of the Dark... Somewhere in Time, however, never did much for me (even if it is my favorite cover...when folded out, the LP, which I had back in the day, is stunning!).

Bella Koshka - Slow Dancing on the Ocean Floor

CDcover.gif

A dusty violin and the diary of a girl. A tale of two dreamers and their stories lost in time. Bella Koshka formed in Minneapolis, MN in Autumn of 2006 when violinist Hilary Davis and vocalist Laura Boland began composing organic and electronic melodies. In winter of 2007, the pair collaborated with Minneapolis producer Darren Jackson [The Hopefuls and Kid Dakota] on their debut album, "Slow Dancing on the Ocean Floor." Scheduled to be released early 2008, the album is a unique collection of dreamy melancholic lullabies featuring emotionally rich vocals layered with haunting violin arrangements and electronic textures. The duo recruited musicians Matte Franklin [drums], Matt Vannelli [guitar] and Tim Ritter [bass] to join Bella Koshka and inflict a dynamic intensity to their symphonic-electronic fusion.

MySpace.com - Bella Koshka - MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota - Experimental / Ambient / Electronica - www.myspace.com/bellakoshka

BELLA KOSHKA // SLOW DANCING ON THE OCEAN FLOOR

Really looking forward to this arriving!

Nice one!

Jack do you have a list of all the Genesis that BD mastered? SH search is turning up way too many threads.

No, I don't have one. I just know I have three now: atco japan ATTOT, the v/c UK GECD 2001 seconds out, and the 3SL.

Techno duo with femme vox, often associated with the down-tempo or trip-hop genres. They're very good, one of my favorites -- they do a lot of odd time signatures (even did an album entitled Fear of Fours).

sounds fun!