kgst

kevin gilmore

Very beautiful build Geoff. Eye catching aesthetics. Polished and modern look. I know it sounds great, asI have your boards.

That heat sink is giving me ideas... :)

Thanks for making your PCBs available to all. The KGST is spoiling me.

Thank you - I am pleased with it but I received help on the aesthetics, and the pcbs are not mine but Birgir and KG.  This hobby owes them a massive debt.

Edited by headinclouds

Well then you are a modestly grand chef, cooking with only the finest ingredients. :)

Not to deminish in any way the debt owed to Birgir and Kevin. I would never had ventured into Staxland if not for the generosity of their work.

Edited by Laowei

I really like that one.  :)  I have something very special on the backburner for the "ultimate" KGST and I need to move it ahead in the row of priorities. 

Today the first GES Mk2 is taking shape with the new PCB's.  Roughly half the size of the Woo Mk1 unit and it's fully balanced, with a better PSU and far less distortion...  ;D

My own design; 3mm anodised aluminium alloy panels, thick machined FP.  Knob turned by me, Ring illuminated mains switch by me.

My original design was a little more ordinary, the style was the input of Julian Hoyes of incredibledesign.co.uk

Nice build!

You made your own switch? How did you do about doing that?

I'm not sure he meant he made the switch himself. Don't be a dick.

Looks great! What PSU did you use? Is there any sign of the heatsink fins raising the temperature of the PSU or transformer?

The board set is as the pcb GB. The overall amount of heat is the same, it is more easily dissipated.

On the mains switch; the RIMS was to get away from the separate little LED for a change, but still keep the advantage of a large, easily operated pushbutton.

And thank you for your kind comments.

Edited by headinclouds
  • Like 1