RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

On 9/9/2024 at 2:10 PM, Knuckledragger said:

lVN0cw4.jpeg

RIP James Earl Jones.  One of the actors who took George Lucas' corny ass dialogue and elevated it to the level of a cultural touchstone for generations.  Also his first film also happens to be my favorite one.

EDIT:

https://www.military.com/off-duty/movies/2024/09/10/james-earl-jones-first-movie-role-was-small-part-of-biggest-cold-war-film-ever.html

Edited by Grahame
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

First off - we were lucky enough to see James Earl Jones and Vanessa Redgrave in Driving Miss Daisy in 2011. From row 3 in a West End (London) play. Vanessa Redgrave is still alive and voice over acting still at 87.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2011/oct/06/driving-miss-daisy-theatre-review

We were not lucky enough ever to see Maggie Smith on the stage though - although that is how she started out as an award winning stage actor in the West End and the RSC.

• Like 3

Oof.  RIP Kris Kristofferson.  We're down to one Highwayman(!)

This is about the coolest live video in existence.  "Oh, hey.  It's Willie Nelson.  He's got that funny off-beat way of singing.  He sure is a legend, though.  What?  Kris Kristofferson?  He never seemed to age, in spite of all he put his body through.  Did you know he once stole a US army helicopter??  Wait, did I just hear the 'Next up on The Dukes' voice?  That's The definitive article Outlaw Country singer right there.  There is literally no way this song can get any better."

"Hello, I'm Johnny Cash"

• Sad 9