RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

Martin Mull doesn't evoke either Roseanne or Arrested Development for me (partly because I didn't watch the former very much or the latter at all) but Fernwood/America Tonight was epic and his albums were a staple of my youth. RIP 

Another Giant has fallen -- Orlando "Baby Bull" Cepeda has joined the Willies in baseball heaven. 

Yahoo sports obit

image.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

RIP Baby Bull. And Very sad RIP for Martin Mull. Martin was that special type of funny that was so subtle sometimes that the joke was for very few people, probably mostly himself and maybe the late Fred Willard. I also don't think of the shows listed, I think of the movie Clue, and of course old TV specials like, The History of White People in America. And he seemed to be a staple on Johnny and Letterman. RIP Martin, thanks for the yucks, guffaws and chuckles. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Back in '83 I was building a mall in Juneau, Alaska. Some of the Pages working at the State Capitol threw some incredible parties. One page by the name of Jay King threw a Bob party. They put on reruns of The Bob Newhart Show, and everytime someone on the show said Bob, you had to drink. It was a very fun party. Later that night Jay King performed many Michael Jackson songs, and did them well.

You probably wouldn't know him by name, but 3 years later Jay King became the front man of Club Nouveau. They had a huge hit with a remake of Lean On Me.

Club-Nouveau-Lean-On-Me-1612455894.jpg

R.I.P. Bob.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 2

image.png

The drinking game is called "Hi Bob" because the number of times it was said per episode essentially became it's own joke. 

RIP to one of the true greats. I think I will listen to The Buttoned Down Mind of Bob Newhart because it's been a very long time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2