Pencils.

cassette_and_pencil.png

Oh yeah, and this

220px-Home_taping_is_killing_music.png

How'd that work out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3jkUhG68wY

Happy Birthday!

Any other memories?

One of my favorite memories is when I was on AOL via a 2400 baud modem....met a woman in FL who liked a lot of the same music I did. We ended up sending each other mix tapes, with hers having the obligatory heart over the "i" in mix. The songs were so-so but she was very sweet....and, I may still have that cassette somewhere. But in thinking, it may have been damaged during a basement flood several years back....

But anyway....happy birthday cassette. You were a huge part of my formative music years....

Favorite memories: my first metal bias cassette, getting a DBX player (wow, that noise floor and dynamic range!), and... Receiving an extremely used Donna Summer 's Greatest Hits cassette as a gift from my schizophrenic patient. ' It's my favorite tape! I listened to it every day for the last five years! ' Well don't you want to keep it then? ' That's OK, I got a new one' :)

Edited by jvlgato

i used to record concerts on a marantz portable tape recorder with dbx.  Also had a sony and a nakamichi at various times.  Still have a box of tapes that I was going to give to my kid at the appropriate time, but now I don't think he'll know what they even are.  I may have to buy a marantz recorder and put it in the box with them.