Blue Hawaii Special Edition

pabbi1

• 1 month later...

So I have a question: what could I expect to lose sonically downgrading to the KGSS from the BHSE? I've been thinking more and more about a KGSS recently, as it'd simply be more convenient to deal with (reduced form factor, no tubes, etc) but I'm not totally sure yet.

Oh and I just noticed that Justin is now using Iron_Dreamer's cool pic of the BHSE (from when he had it for a short time) on its product page: ;)

HeadAmp - Audio Electronics (Blue Hawaii SE Electrostatic Amp [bHSE])

http://www.head-case.org/forums/265414-post4996.html

I built both of my amps so YMMV but the KGSS loses some of the intimacy and presence of the BH plus the sheer power it has to push that small bit of mylar. The sheer convenience of the KGSS is hard to deny which is why it's going to be my next desktop amp which can be run for most of the day without excessive heat or catastrophic tube failure ever being an issue.

Thanks for the info spritzer. Seems like I might be able to give up the BHSE then, though I might have to stage a comparison between the two amps somehow to find out for sure.

You'd gain bass from doing me a solid and selling the BHSE to me for a drastically reduced price.

Ok, but what would I get in return for selling at a drastically reduced price? ;)

Thanks for the info spritzer. Seems like I might be able to give up the BHSE then, though I might have to stage a comparison between the two amps somehow to find out for sure.

Ok, but what would I get in return for selling at a drastically reduced price? ;)

Well...I could give you a hard drive with lots of ones and zeros, which would also drastically effect the sound of your KGSS. And maybe some sealed hoffman music that will escalate in value over time.

Oh nelly! Your year-end must have been pretty damn good! Congrats!

I've only made contact in the event Steve decides to look to trade. Not sure I can do it with a new kitchen, bath and hopefully trip to Europe. At least I don't have to buy one of my kids a car, a third set of braces and surgery (not covered by insurance).