NYC Century Cycling meet! Sept 7th-9th

jp11801

So today I missed breakfast with the boys, almost missed hanging out at the hotel, hung out at Bierkraft, hung out with the NYC crew + Al, went to 30 Rock, almost bought the entire cast of The Office bobble heads (on clearance), but thought better of it. Had my phone almost die, but found an outlet and took naps while sitting up in various parts of the area (dammit, Colin for keeping me up!), met back up with Colin, had some more steak and some vino, and then went to Newark to catch a plane that left at 9:50.

Wait, what was that, THREE delays? Oh, now I can't catch the shuttle back to Chattanooga tonight? No biggy. We've all slept at airports before, right? 6am shuttle, 8am arrival, 8:30am I've got to be at work. I feel a "casual day" is in order, no?

It was an interesting trip, and it was great seeing everyone. I was even happy to take some falls (and around 14 thorns) to the enjoyment of many. I can't wait to show the kids Jeff's footage when I get home tomorrow. They'll enjoy it :)

I've been glad to be a part of the Travel Team this past month. Maybe I'll throw some pictures up when I hit Atlanta.

Oh... in case you were wondering... Matt had a beer with us at Virgil's last night.

**BRENT**

So we land around 2:30, but the trains in Atlanta aren't running, so we got to take a bus to the other side of the airport. It's split about the same between airport workers, stranded passengers, and the domicile challenged.

I'm hanging out at a re-badged "Panera Bread" (Atlanta Bread), guarding my phone plugged into one of the 4 outlets I've been able to find. 2 singles and a double. The double, however, is being "guarded" by a sleeping giant, which I dare not wake.

2.3 more hours until my shuttle gets here and it's safe to take a nap. The continuing adventures of Biscuit Boy.

**BB**

Great ride! Got to see parts of the city that reminded me of trips to visit both my grandparents in Brooklyn and Far Rockaway. Very different riding in the city. Also had one of the best slices I have had in a long time. It was great seeing everyone as always. A special thanks to raffy who found my phone at the bar at JFK and is overnighting to me today.

Thanks to this lady, who did 100, for motivating us:

IMG_1687.jpg

And one of the three of us:

IMG_1672-1.jpg

• Like 1

It was nice seeing everyone and a big thanks to Mike (now know as Dances on Pedals) and JP for being great riding partners. I'm still a little beat up from the longest ride I've ever done but it was a really good experience. We're planning on doing the full century next year, training starts soon :)

:(

So I bailed on you all to hang out with this girl I really like and had an awesome time. She hasn't called back or texted me all week which is just painful. I emailed her to say how I crappy this makes me feel and Just got the "yea Im not really ready for a real relationship but dont want to break up with you" email.

I'm going to mail her back that we should not see each other, I can only see her hurting me more.

sad.png

So I bailed on you all to hang out with this girl I really like and had an awesome time. She hasn't called back or texted me all week which is just painful. I emailed her to say how I crappy this makes me feel and Just got the "yea Im not really ready for a real relationship but dont want to break up with you" email.

I'm going to mail her back that we should not see each other, I can only see her hurting me more.

Ugh, sorry to hear this Ari.