Everything posted by Voltron
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
This morning there have been quite a few birds in the yard and especially in the bird bath where they have been splashing around in rain water. A few minutes ago I looked up because I heard a thud on the window and saw several birds streaking by. I went to the front door worried that one had hit the window. There was a little house finch laying on its side that was alive but stunned and maybe injured. Just as I put my hand on the doorknob to check it out, a small hawk -- probably of the short-shinned variety -- swooped down and flew off with the finch in its talons. It was very startling, but I'm assuming the finches had been fleeing the hawk in the first place. #WildKingdom
-
RIP someone or another
RIP to Christopher Tolkien, the famous son of a more famous father, and Rocky Johnson, the famous father of a more famous son. Each of them brought me a lot of entertainment in my youth. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/01/16/books/christopher-tolkien-dead.amp.html https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/01/15/sports/rocky-johnson-dead.amp.html
-
Which Cooking Are You?
Some similar ingredients but not Chana Masala. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1019772-spiced-chickpea-stew-with-coconut-and-turmeric
-
Which Cooking Are You?
-
Post what you're watching
Rachel Maddow interviewing Lev Parnas. Compelling stuff.
-
Happy Birthday Grahame!
Happy birthday Graeme! Cheers! ?
-
Happy Birthday Dr. John!
Happy birthday Mack Daddy Doc! I hope your new years resolution is to hang out with us more this year! Cheers!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
-
RIP someone or another
RIP Buck Henry. Graduate, Get Smart, SNL, and much more. ? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/buck-henry-graduate-screenwriter-who-co-created-get-smart-dies-at-89/2020/01/09/c133ffc0-3295-11ea-a053-dc6d944ba776_story.html%3FoutputType%3Damp
-
Hippy B-day, Knucks!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
-
RIP someone or another
RIP Ron Nasty. ?
-
Post what you're watching
Niners vs Seahawks. Go figure
-
RIP someone or another
RIP Danny Aiello on December 12. Not sure how I missed this one. I found Danny's obit from the hard copy version of this: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/obituaries/notable-deaths.html
-
RIP someone or another
Seems fitting. RIP Lee
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
- Happy Birthday Ric
- Happy Birthday, Ken!
Merry birthday Ken! Cheers!- Speaker Porn
- Speaker Porn
Correction: I was looking at these speakers and happened to see the reddit thread where Knucks found the picture. The tweeter that looks like it is on top is actually the top of a B&W 802 sitting behind the Unison speaker.- Speaker Porn
You really need a subwoofer with those?- What are you listening to Part the Third
I need to hear that one. Thanks for pointing it out Antonio! - Happy Birthday Ric
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.