Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. Thanks for the thread, Gene dear, and thanks for all the extra double super birthday wishes and the cake that Digger made! Hope it tasted as good as it looked. Probably my worst birthday on record with boxing/dismantling/moving for a remodel dominating the entire weekend, finding the basement flooded in Mayberry because the pond overflowed, dealing with the kitchen sink that was clogged, working around the minor construction project in Mayberry that was supposed to be done by now but isn't, and capped off by the worst part finding out that my mother was admitted into the hospital for the second time in a week. In one of her few lucid moments of the day (due to sodium/potassium imbalances and possibly a TIA) she said she wanted to call me for my birthday. That was pretty sweet, even though today she cannot recall yesterday at all and wonders why she is in the hospital. Think good thoughts friends, the MOTDOTU (Mother of the Defender of the Universe) needs them.
  2. And here was breakfast:
  3. I want to cut that loaf in half and slap the brisket in the middle. Now that would be a sandwich!
  4. Happy Birthday ro-bro Smegatron! Have a great one buddy, and hang out here more often! Thanks for all the good wishes everybody! I am about to have a fancy breakfast prepared by my 13 yo son: potato pancakes he learned how to make in his French class, eggs, bacon and a latte Nice. The rest of the day is going to be consumed with finishing packing up stuff to take to Mayberry during the remodeling that starts here in SF tomorrow. Joy.
  5. Very cool, Mike. I was at the Yoshi's show and have started to write up impressions a couple times. They were both great but Zoe had her own shows so they were splitting up after that show.
  6. Heh, last night you had the DTs and now you're drinking one!
  7. His parrots must have watched Star Wars.
  8. Basically neat.
  9. Hey, Phil is drinking with us! Hey, Jason, and glad you're back around. I have a CanJam LAX glencairn in hand, but he Parker's 27 that was in it is mostly in me. Not very photogenic. Maybe next one.
  10. Mike B and Scott are sporting some serious brew collections, and Mikeymad is pulling out the serious Irish. Nice all around, except Colin who needs to drink something better than MD. Moving on to a bastardized Tipperary Cocktail (No. 1) 1/3 Italian Vermouth. 1/3 Green Chartreuse. 1/3 Irish Whisky. Shake (I stirred) well and strain into cocktail glass. I have no Irish whiskey in the house, so Scotch whisky will have to do! Again, Ellestad recommends that it be subbed although the Rattray or the Connemara would of course be great. Cheers again!
  11. As I said in the WAYDN thread, cheers to Gary and the hereafter. Sorry for your loss and I hope Stacy is doing alright.
  12. Tipperary Cocktail (No. 2) 1/6 Orange Juice. 1/6 Grenadine. 1/3 French Vermouth. 1/3 Dry Gin. 2 Sprigs Green Mint. Shake well and strain into cocktail glass. OK, so I doubled his recipe but took Ellestad's advice and did half OJ and half lime juice because I am not a fan of OJ in most cocktails. I had no mint, however, so I threw in a lime garnish for the Green. Toasting Ken's departed friend Gary and Mike's dear brother Chuck, and also celebrating my 84 year old part Irish mother being sprung from the hospital after two days due to a diverticulitis type episode (her third but least serious). Cheers all!
  13. Don't have any BL either.
  14. I don't have any Calvados here. So I have to make something green or Irish sounding instead. Edit to respond to Edit: I thought you'd like that but also the rum/apple one. Please don't put nutmeg on the arrack/tequila one, though.
  15. Voltron replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Miscellaneous
    Wheels within wheels.
  16. That recipe did not sound good when Underhill Lounge did it and I still think it sounds wrong. What do you think of the taste? I guess I might try it sometime.
  17. I hope the end product at least resembles the canjam version. Of course I didn't hear it, but i feel for those who bought based on it.
  18. Voltron replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Miscellaneous
    Very nice Mike!
  19. Voltron replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Miscellaneous
    That is a sweet box of goodness, right there. Colin travels light, so it shouldn't be a problem for his to Sherpa up.
  20. Bummer, dude.
  21. That's great Ric. Nice bonus.
  22. Sounds excellent Jacob, and I hope it works out!
  23. Voltron replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Miscellaneous
    Put it on the spinner!
  24. Voltron replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Miscellaneous
    What's the low > high thing all about? Radiation?
  25. I hope you like it Mike!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.