Everything posted by Voltron
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
First off, happy belated birthday to Peter and congrats on taking your Vespers Jim and Karen because there is everything right with that! Happy return home, Shelly, although it was great seeing you and meeting Tim this week. Happy belated to Becky, Gene, if I didn't mention that previously, and glad to hear the C-Ruck is treating you right. That's scary, Dan, but a good ending, happily. Yesterday, I did very little except sleep, buy a new washer and dryer for Mayberry, and sleep some more. Good times. Today, I got up just in time to drop Sophie off at the ferry for a trip into SF for tea with her friends, and then headed on to visit my mom in the nursing home. The last couple of months have been very bad for her, after a couple of strokes and episodes of various other issues that have afflicted her on and off these last few years. She got out of the hospital and into a nursing home just 1 mile from their home, so it is much easier on my dad. Anyway, she has been having difficulty with talking, cannot stay focused and sleeps a lot, until yesterday, that is. Suddenly she is back to her bright and coherent self, and can speak much more strongly and clearly, although she remains physically diminished. It was a great visit and quite a remarkable change from last weekend when my dad was in the pit of despair and she was pretty much out of it. I'm so glad she is doing better mentally and hope she can recover enough physically to get home--as much for my dad's sake as hers because he has been suffering more than she has in her stupor. Anyway, that's the update on the MOTDOTU, and your good wishes and good energy have certainly helped me, and I think her too.
-
Happy birthday, digger945!
Have a great one but careful with your banana! Cheers!
-
Apple Tablet
I just laughed out loud for a solid minute alone on my front porch. Winning!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
High Water Brewing imperial IPA
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
What he said! HBD Lily!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Cocktails at Heaven's Dog with Shelly and hubby and Ric before going to the Giants game. Here's what I recall people having: Gin Daisy Planters Punch Rye Buck Saratoga Monte Carlo Some kind of Pegu Club variation (gingery and too sweet) Now at the game, a couple of Lagunitas IPAs and Blue Moons.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Negro Modelo with burrito for lunch.
-
Ye Macce Threade
Hopes for Air before my trip are pretty much dashed at this point, sad to say.
-
JH Audio stuffs
Just use the many options you already have.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Another
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Their time has come, Mikey. It's just the circle of life and nothing to be sad about.
-
CanJam 2011 is RMAF (Denver CO 10/14-16)
Good reminder. That will be fun and much more easy to get behind these days.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
I can ship 6 or 12 bottles of supplies any time.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
I think you'd like thus one Mikey. I need to get you over here soon to help me KILL some bottles!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Nice combo Jim! I am not sure that a Texas beach resort bar would have kümmel Marc, but it don't hurt to ask! Seeing as it is whisky night, even though I am kümmel fixated I figured I would mix it up. Alice Mine Cocktail 1oz kümmel 1oz Italian vermouth 2 dashs (.5oz) scotch whisky Tasty stuff! Nice even though I'm not KILLING any bottles.
-
CanJam 2011 is RMAF (Denver CO 10/14-16)
You might be waiting for a long time Ed.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Hey, I bought two bottles of booze today too! Kümmel and kirsch to prepare for Germany.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Work it Mikey!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Nope, but now that I have a light in there I keep finding stuff I forgot about.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Allies Cocktail 2oz dry gin 2oz French vermouth .75oz Kümmel Should have used Russian kümmel but German was all that was available.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Bomba Antisommergibile! That's if you drop the shot into the Peroni. Calderaio is supposed to be boilermaker in Italian, so call it that when the Campari or Fernet Branca or such is on the side.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
An Italian Depth Charge?
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Black Lips -- Arabia Mountain
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Your momma joke fu was weak today, sorry. Although it would be nice to try with their shit whiskey, it is also a new trend to "barrel age" cocktails to give them some depth. Manhattans, Negronis, and other cocktails without juice in them are supposed to be very nice after 5-7 weeks in a barrel. http://www.jeffreymorgenthaler.com/
- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.