Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
I guess you changed your "bold" comment while I was responding, but try to read posts before you friendly disagree with them. I said the song hurt my ears and then said it was shitty music when you made a stupid overstatement in response. I couldn't discern a difference between "dubstep" and any number of electronic/dance/garage sub-genres, and I don't have -- and certainly didn't state -- any opinions about "dubstep" as a whole.
-
IPB 3.2 Upgrade
I like the way that your posts are wysiwyg while preparing them, even with images inserted, bold or italics, font sizes, etc. No more need to preview stuff.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Nope. Just can't deal with shitty music. NP: Ivy -- Guestroom
-
IPB 3.2 Upgrade
Thank you for all the work Todd! The New Content options are great and the overall look is very sharp. Nice!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Alright Vinyl Ric!
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Ooh, glad the TT is running well now Ric! Enjoy it. Also glad that you are not redundant Chris!
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Here is the Marvel in action.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Try this with the Lillet even though Cocchi is better: Corpse Reviver (No. 2) 1/4 Wine Glass Lemon Juice (3/4 oz Fresh Lemon Juice) 1/4 Wine Glass Kina Lillet. (3/4 oz Cocchi Aperitivo Americano) 1/4 Wine Glass Cointreau. (3/4 oz Cointreau) 1/4 Wine Glass Dry Gin. (3/4 oz Bombay Gin) 1 Dash Absinthe. (Verte de Fougerolles) Shake well and strain into cocktail glass. Awesome experiments in gin, Jim. Thank you for the info. So far tonight, I have enjoyed a Southern Tier Gemini thanks to a care package from JP! Thanks man!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Indeed!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Whisky and Jeff Beck are a natural combo!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Nice selection Shelly! Have fun.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Sunlight hurts his eyes but that song hurts my ears. Also, far too many Dr. Dre Beats in that video.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Very cool Jim! I may need a narrow option in SF, so can you tell me what brand that one is?
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Those are cool shoes Mike and Shelly. I am tempted, whereas I never even thought about getting the Five Fingers. How is the heel/in-sole Mike? I think I have plantar fasciitis and should get more support than my usual flat as hell soles.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Jeff Beck Group -- Truth Jeff Beck Group -- Beck-Ola Jeff Beck Group -- Rough and Ready
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
That first shot is great Jeff It looks like a cloud monster rising up from behind the mountains.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Having a White Lady because I wanted something tart. 2oz Junipero gin 1oz Cointreau .75oz lemon juice
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Right on Fitz! I think I would make a Bonal version if I were going to make another right now (not ruled out as yet). If I were making it on the rocks instead of up like the postprohibition.com guy did, I think the Bonal would be even better because it would stand up to the ice and would make the drink more layered. A nice variation that I bet you would like a lot, Jim. I don't have any Carpano right now, but by memory I prefer the Cocchi to it. I think the Carpano is so strong and overpowering that it was hard to mix with unless I knocked down the proportion. So I just tasted the Bonal and Punt y Mes and it was very interesting. The Punt y Mes is sweeter overall, and has a more bitter wine kind of profile. The Bonal is more grape and quinine mixed, with a better balanced and finish. I really like Bonal and plan to oeuvre m'appétit with it more often. Even though different, you could easily sub in Bonal where you might use Punt y Mes.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
For science: traditional Vieux Carre with Cocchi vermouth. Interesting results. The Benedictine is more apparent and the overall flavor is softer and sweeter. I quite liked the Bonal version and will use it again when the mood tends to bitterness.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Yay for chilled Monkey brains [and everything else Monkey]!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Vieux Carré with Bonal 1 oz Cognac (G-R XO brandy) 1 oz rye whiskey 1 oz Bonal 1/4 oz Benedictine 1 dash of Peychaud’s bitters 1 dash of Angostura bitters 1 lemon twist Postprohibition.com suggests swapping out the sweet vermouth with Bonal and I approve. Tasty and familiar but a little less sweetness and a little more bite. Like!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
New Wilco single. Claire pre-ordered the new LP/CD today
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
How is that stuff? Never seen the Single Barrel Reserve.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Figure out how much you make per day and send them a bill. That would be really nice.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Release the Sunbird -- Come Back to Us