Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Enjoy it Mike! you're a good man, but you need a break sometimes too.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Congrat on paying off the mortgage Tom! We paid off our house in SF a few years ago and it felt pretty awesome. I got lucky and when the economy turned to shit my bank asked if I wanted a lower rate without any hassle and with only a small fee. I think they were trying to make it easier to stay with them than to shop elsewhere. I literally signed papers and the rate changed. So nice compared to all the bullshit of these things generally. Good luck Dinny, and hang in there for a better deal. As Tom says, it really pays.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
People here are calling it "sour" and drinking it. Not I. The 2010 is probably my favorite. Best balance of age and richness. The 2008 is good but thin. The 2011 (pictured below) is the least subtle and much less integrated than the 10.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
2008 on the left is tasty but maybe past its prime. 2009 in the right tastes awful. Refund.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Maybe just one wouldn't hurt...
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Thanks for the heads up. They obviously seem aware of the issue and it should be a known quantity before I try to get one.
-
The Live Music Thread
Why would you seek out an empty bottle?!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Pizza and beer look good!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
What is the word on the 2009? I can certainly skip it...
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Thinking about heading to City Beer Store for this one tonight: DESCHUTES ABYSS IMPERIAL STOUT VERTICAL TONIGHT AT 6PM We've dusted off the vintage kegs from the cellar and they're sitting pretty on draft. Take a break from the egg nog for one night..... The Lineup 2008 Abyss on draft 2009 Abyss pours from the bottle-sour or sweet? 2010 Abyss on draft 2011 Abyss on draft Bottles of 2011 Abyss for purchase.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Congrat Auntie Shelly!
-
HC/F1 In Austin 11/18/2012
I'm still in.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Bushwick Cocktail -- Burroughs Series 2oz rye .75oz sweet vermouth .25oz Amer Picon (heavy .25 of Amaro CioCiaro) .25oz maraschino liqueur Stir with ice and strain. Now one of my favorite Brooklyn variants. So tasty I made two last night.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Quick Green Flash IPA on the way home after a successful George T Stagg expedition.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Glad it worked out for you Mikey!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Now that's the way to prepare for your presentation!
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
When the City gets to you, drink it.
-
What are you Grilling now?
I get it. I had not understood what that thing was and thought it was just a remote thermometer, which I bought recently for the Traeger. That seems to work damn well if it will stay close to temp for 10+ hours.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
^multiquote it noob!
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Without possession he could not mint these:
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
- What are you Grilling now?
Nice, Ed! Are you working at home or how do you keep that thing going all day?- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
The Caskstrength cocktail-ish blog is posting on the Cocktail Advent Calendar at the bar where he works, Rob Roy in Seattle. He is a pretty funny ranter writer, and here is his description of the event: The Cocktail Advent Calender at the Rob Roy is a gift to you, the guest. It will enable you to enjoy the holiday drinks classics that have become taboo for so many reasons; because they are never made well, because you are embarrassed to order them, and because it is morally wrong to order a Spanish Coffee. Rob Roy’s bartenders will make a new, likely sweet, libation for each day in December up until X-mas eve. X-mas eve will be Blue Blazer acrobatics. I’ll post each day’s new holiday cocktail and its recipe on this blog as we count down to the 25th of December.- Happy Birthday skullguise!
Happy birthday Todd! Have a great one. Cheers!- Teflon Stax connector group buy/purchasing
Those are cool looking. - What are you Grilling now?
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.