Everything posted by Voltron
-
RIP someone or another
I loved Paper Moon so much when it came out, and that's what I think of most when I think of either Ryan or Tatum. Although I kinda had a crush on Tatum in the Bad News Bears, and thought she was really hot by Little Darlings. RIP Ryan
-
The analog thread.
Some Auralex or similar foam speaker risers could be good for this setup. It would be good for the KEFs generally and also to separate all three speakers from the surface to minimize vibration on the turntable.
-
Happy Birthday skullguise!
Happy birthday to a Head-caser who is still chasing great sound and having fun doing it. Between your birthday and Hanukkah, I hope you will be swimming in new gear! Cheers!
-
What Are You Baking?
- What Are You Baking?
High proof baking! The persimmon tree has been very productive this year after producing about 12 persimmons last year. I'm using James Beard's Persimmon Bread recipe as adapted here. It contains ⅔ cup of brandy or bourbon, or in this case some E.C. Straight Rye. I wasn't paying attention because I usually have E.C. Bourbons, and I now realize I did the same thing making cocktails the other night. 🤦🏻♂️ Anyway, after pics will need to wait a bit.- RIP someone or another
I saw the Pogues a couple of times, one where Shane was relatively sober and one when he was hammered. I'll never forget the visual of Spider Stacy smoking and playing the tin whistle, with smoke pouring out of the pipe as he played. RIP to a true legend- RIP someone or another
RIP Mars and well and truly fuck cancer.- Happy Birthday Bryan/Aura!
- RIP someone or another
Marty Krofft was married to a Playboy playmate? RIP to the baller. I watched Pufnstuf, Bugaloos and Sigmund but I was really into Land of the Lost the most. Those slow moving Sleestacks were very scary!- Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.
I still love Billy Bragg and enjoyed the times I saw him live. Claire and my brother like to rub it in that I missed Kingfish at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass this year because I was getting a haircut. They were awed by the fat young man.- World War 3 Thread
I didn't like or post anything in this discussion because I don't know what to say on this very loaded topic. I will say that I support you, Mike, I support Jewish people here or in Israel or anywhere in the world and despise the long and ongoing history of anti-Semitism, and I support Israel's right and unfortunate need to defend itself. I also hate war and I am saddened by the suffering of both combatants and innocent people on both sides of any war. I don't think it fair or accurate to equate lack of response by your many HC friends with lack of concern for you or Jews or anything else, and I hope you don't really feel that way.- The State of DACSES
I've got nothing useful but wanted to say hi Indra and welcome back! Hope we see you around some more. Cheers!- What are you listening to Part the Third
- Happy Birthday JP #s!
- RIP someone or another
Jimmy has been in hospice for nine months and Rosalynn for only two days. They both took a lot of shit while in office and then continued to serve others for over forty more years. RIP Rosalynn.- Iceland
- Happy Birthday Mikey!
- Happy Birthday Chris (dreadhead)!
Have a great one Chris! I hope you enjoy some Mount Gay Extra Old even though you're still damn young. Cheers!- And now what did you do TODAY?
The DMV wasn't too sharp reviewing that vanity plate application!- What are you EATING right now?
- Which Cooking Are You?
It will look right when the sliced banana is on the plate.- Mattnog!
Even Shelly drank year old Mattnog, despite her phobias! 😆 It's safe so long as it was refrigerated. Wild Turkey Mattnog 2023! And the Bacardi Gold ought to add some more sweetness given the two cups of rye.- Mattnog!
I hope you kept last year's batch because it would be awesome after being aged a year!- Mattnog!
Has anyone made Mattnog this year? I think it's pretty close to the cutoff for the holidays but my niece reminded me and I may just throw a batch together.- Watches
No conflict. It's ugly. - What Are You Baking?
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.