Everything posted by Voltron
- RIP someone or another
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Sounds like a decent plan, Al. My mother in law had a couple of minor accidents that could have been much worse and we had to cut her off. The alzheimers affected her memory but also her motor functions and ability to stay on task while driving. She didn't like it but by the time she was out here in California she agreed it didn't make sense anymore.
-
RIP someone or another
So random. I saw something and mentioned it to Claire and neither of us remembered that she died two years ago.
-
Hockey Thread - 2015/2016 Season
I wasn't too surprised the Sharks lost the first game of the series, and it took them a period to settle in and shake off the nerves. Second period was pretty much all Sharks and then both teams hunkered down -- and slowed down -- in the third. I don't think they'll spot the Pens two quick goals next game.
-
RIP someone or another
RIP Makiko-san. I'm surprised that nobody has posted about Maya Angelou's passing. "In her full life, she wrote staggeringly beautiful poetry. She also wrote a cookbook and was nominated for a Tony. She delivered a poem at a presidential inauguration. In 2010, President Barack Obama named her a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the country's highest civilian honor. She was friends with Malcolm X and the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and inspired young adults and world celebrities. She sang calypso. She lived through horrors." Cheers to a very full life indeed. RIP Ms. Angelou.
-
HC NBA Ballers
Yup. Cavaliers and Cleveland are going to be disappointed again.
-
The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
The crying emoticon on FB was just meant to be funny, and the nipple reference was the only thing I could think of when you posted it here. And I've never exposed my nipple here while lipping or otherwise.
-
The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
Jeff Goldblum's nipple.
-
HC NBA Ballers
Absolutely amazing win.
-
Hockey Thread - 2015/2016 Season
Not too far off.
-
Hockey Thread - 2015/2016 Season
Sharks eat penguins, you know! Nothing comes easy for the Sharks, but they have big momentum and awesome beards!
-
Hockey Thread - 2015/2016 Season
I guess I prefer Tampa because Sharks would have home ice advantage over them. Even though their road record was much better than at home this year, they have done well here in the playoffs and the fans have been amazing. I'm definitely going to at least one game.
-
Hockey Thread - 2015/2016 Season
Bring them on!
-
What are you Grilling now?
Leg of lamb steaks with homemade stout brine marinade and stout bbq sauce, potatoes and broccoli all cooked on the grill.
-
What are you EATING right now?
I'm making lots of lamb tonight. Looking forward to it.
- RIP someone or another
-
Hockey Thread - 2015/2016 Season
This is a wild game! First team to score has won every game in this series and Sharks drew first blood so here's to hoping for consistency!
-
Happy birthday Brent
Feliz birthday semi-Mexican! Cheers!
-
Happy birthday, Raffy!
Happy birthday Raffy! I hope you get to be beer douchey on your special day. Cheers!
-
What are you EATING right now?
For @Grahame:
-
What are you EATING right now?
Eww
-
What are you EATING right now?
This one has cut up hot dogs, and maybe a couple small dog dogs.
-
What are you EATING right now?
Too soon, man, too soon. @Dusty: nope, this place is not in SF or Mayberry. Mikey could figure out the name, which would be good so that I never stumble back in there...
-
What are you EATING right now?
That looks awesome. On our end yesterday, mistakes were made. This is the kitchen sink torta at a little tacqueria / tortaria that had the hottest table salsa I have ever had. We should have taken Kliban's advice:
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Looks that way, and I would have been very proud that they used my trademark phrase, but Steve the non-beer-douche us correct.