Everything posted by Torpedo
-
Happy Birthday Wayne!
Happy Birthday, Wayne!!!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
^What's your favourite or in the worst case just "goto"?
-
Happy Birthday Jim (morphsci)!
Happy (belated) Birthday, Jim!! I'm glad you had a good Bday weekend. Those are the best
-
Happy Birthday johnwmclean!
Happy belated BDay, John. I wish that it was a great one.
-
Happy Birthday Stretch!
Happy belated BDay, Andrew. I hope it was a great one.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Her voice reminded me a lot of Olivia Newton John's. Very nice, thanks for sharing.
- Happy Birthday postjack!
-
HC Bike/Cycling Thread
When did Brent get there?
-
RIP someone or another
I've just known that Joey DeFrancesco died yesterday. 51. Rest in peace and thanks for the soulful music
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Wishing for the best, Dusty.
-
What TV show are you watching now?
I watched that last week. I don't know how much of it is cliché and standard characters, but I found it pretty fun.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Joel Harrison - Guitar Talk (from Bandcamp)
-
Happy Birthday en480c4!
Happy Birthday, Ian!!!!
-
What TV show are you watching now?
The last episode hasn't been aired here yet, they'll do this evening. I have left to watch 12th and that last one. Considering to re-watch Breaking Bad.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
That's something that I've noticed in most of his recordings, they way they're mixed giving him prominence, the cover pictures... His live performances seem to reinforce that feeling of a guy being too glad of meeting himself for he's so important. Whatever, a fine musician nonetheless.
-
Nate's Cycling Adventure - This One Goes to 11
I think his page should be this. I'm in, as usual
-
RIP someone or another
Anne Hache, 53.
-
Post what you're watching
A reminder of what's really our merit. Or perhaps god's will
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Listened to it yesterday at NPR's.
-
Happy Birthday Todd!
Happy Birthday, Todd!!! Wishing you an awesome day
- Happy Birthday HiWire!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Nina Nastasia - Riderless Horse I've listened to a few tunes by Domi and JD... Mixed feelings. She's got a nice harmonic feeling and makes interesting melodies. His drumming is very impressive at first, those fast sixtuplets or 32th notes are amazing, but too much of a good thing becomes tiring to me. Maybe listening to the whole album I get a better idea. On the other hand all this media exposure they're getting, and the big names in their recording, makes me think if this is some sort of new product.
-
Happy Birthday Antonio!
Thank you very much, guys. It was a good day. Hot, dry and too sunny for my skin, but fun and happy. Now heading to work.
-
Music Making
Thank you very much, Dusty. That's the kind of keyboard I'm looking for. I don't know Alesis as a brand, so I was looking at Yamaha, Korg or Casio in that price range. Hadn't heard of Fatar before. It's great knowing that the infamous DIN MIDI connector is not a standard anymore. I don't have a MIDI/ADC controller card, in my Mac the only DAW software I've tried so far is Garage Band. It comes with a few instruments included. The App (in the old version my MBP supports) has a tiny keyboard which you can play note-by-note with the mouse, which has been my ear-training tool for a couple of weeks. I'd need the keyboard to play chords, but it's very convenient it has its own speakers or at least headphone out. Have you tried that keyboard, do you like the feel of the keys?
-
Happy Birthday laxx!
Long time no see. Happy Birthday!!!!