Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

n_maher

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by n_maher

  1. Well, they've cooked 4 of his posts so far so my guess is the ban stick can't be far behind. Let him argue, I think I can handle his wit and charm. Nobody messes with the head-case crew. On topic, there is no single, comprehensive source for tube and hybrid amps for the simple reason that there are so many variations between different amps that it would be impossible. If you'd like information about the amp you think you're getting why not just tell us what it is and see if we can help?
  2. Sorry boom, I couldn't help myself, maybe I have a weakness for assholes named Paul? He was the walrus, coocoocachoo.
  3. n_maher replied to Chekhonte's topic in TV
    This post would never happen on postjack's forum.
  4. n_maher replied to Thaddy's topic in Music
    X many
  5. I think Katie has a fantastic voice that is ultimately, totally and completely let down by tragically lame accompanying music. I really enjoy vocal centric music (Joanna Newsom, Rachael Yamagata, Jenny Owen Youngs, etc, etc.) but the music on Pictures is bad to the point of distraction for me. [me=nate]dons his nomex ban-suit[/me]
  6. I guess I'm glad my reply to this thread just got lost to the intraweb.
  7. 300' or so of nylon multifilament sleeving in various sizes, and a couple hundred feet of heatshrink. I simply don't know how to order small quantities of anything.
  8. n_maher replied to Chekhonte's topic in TV
    Pfft, without her Heroes is lacking in eye candy. In all seriousness it has to be the male-heaviest cast to come along in a long time.
  9. n_maher replied to Chekhonte's topic in TV
    Yup, but I could do without the Mexican twins. Where the hell has Niki been?!?!?
  10. n_maher replied to Chekhonte's topic in TV
    I thought that this week's episode was much better than the premier.
  11. n_maher replied to postjack's topic in TV
    Fucking Cocksuckers.
  12. Yeah, the ever-changing config this is a bitch - I expected it out of Dell/Gateway/HP but for some reason thought that Lenovo/IBM was a little different. And I'm trying not to shoot for the bleeding edge with this laptop, just to get something that will serve my current needs and have enough left in the tank so that it doesn't obsolete itself in a year or two. If they made a 15" Macbook I'd take a long hard look, but I don't think that 13, especially in widescreen aspect ratios would cut it.
  13. Well, last night I revisited MAC land to see if abandoning the 17" screen requirement would allow to reconsider. Even buying a refurbished 15" Macbook Pro represents about a 33% price increase over the Lenovo, which I just fail to be able to justify.
  14. Good grief, overnight the options for configuring a T61p changed.
  15. Me too, it works maybe 1 out of every 5 visits.
  16. Aha, the card on this lappy is billed as a "discrete" card so I'll work of the assumption that replacing/upgrading really isn't an option.
  17. Except that I'm sure in Msoft's head you now own two licenses of their software. I'm probably going to go with XP as the proven, more reliable option. I've already got a free upgrade to Vista as previously mentioned should I ever want to. I've got a connection at IBM so I'm looking at about $300 less than what you'd see on the website. That makes it even more of a no-brainer really. Can any one tell me if it'd be possible to upgrade the video card later, I don't quite understand how the different laptops work, some with integrated graphics, some with cards that use VRAM and others with dedicated ram. I assume that like a desktop somewhere on the mother board is a slot where I could put a more robust graphics card if I wanted to, but that's a major assumption on my part.
  18. Any thoughts on Vista vs. XP Pro? My thought is that I can always upgrade to Vista later (I have a copy of Ultimate sitting next to me that I have no use for, yet) and I'm infinitely more familiar with the architecture of XP.
  19. Ok, back to the original topic of this thread, namely me. I've pretty much come to the decision that as much as I might love a pimptastic 17" Dell XPS or MacBook Pro it just isn't going to be in the cards any time soon. So, in light of that here's the Lenovo T61p that I'm currently giving serious consideration. My hesitation is that I don't know enough to know whether or not it'll be able to handle the gaming that I have planned for it. Suggestions welcome and appreciated, as always. System Configuration: System Processor: Intel? Core? 2 Duo T7300 (2.0GHz 800MHz 4MBL2) Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium Operating System Language: Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium US English Display Panel: 15.4 WUXGA TFT System graphics: NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M (256MB Open GL) Total memory: 2 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM) Keyboards: Keyboard US English Pointing Device: UltraNav (TrackPoint and TouchPad) Hard Drive: 100GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm Optical device: DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer, Ultrabay Slim System expansion slots: PC Card Slot & Smart Card Slot Card Reader: 4 in 1 Media Card Reader Wireless cards: ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wi-Fi wireless LAN Mini-PCIe US/EMEA/LA/ANZ Bluetooth: Integrated Bluetooth PAN Battery: 9 cell Li-Ion Battery
  20. Agreed, it'll be 15-1.
  21. n_maher replied to tkam's topic in TV
    Agreed, occasionally reruns will be on while I'm at the gym and I can't get past "Mr. I-must-not-look-at-the-camera-straight", he ruins it for me every time.
  22. The best I could do for a saucy picture of her...
  23. A bunch of parts to build a boutique Millett MAX (or two). Jesus, like I need another Millett but I'm curious to see how this one sounds in comparison to my ridiculously over-blackgated version.
  24. n_maher replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    Yikes, if you've ever had a leaky wax ring on a toilet you'd never think about breathing the air that's down there. There's a reason that toilets are designed to maintain a water barrier between the air in the room and the air in the waste line. BLECH!!!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.