Everything posted by n_maher
-
MPX3 Preamp Use
Cool, any reported results would be great. And the only thing I was hoping to find out via the picture is whether or not a security bit is needed. I have the necessary Torx bits already, but they're standard types and don't have the center hole usually associated with a security style fastener.
-
MPX3 Preamp Use
If your camera has a macro mode it might. It is often represented by the graphical symbol of a flower, like this:
-
MPX3 Preamp Use
Could you snap a quick picture of one of the fasteners?
-
Fighting to defend christmas!
Yes, I think it's offensive that we, the people, paid this asshat a minimum of $165,200 last year to tell me that Christmas is good.
-
MPX3 Preamp Use
I couldn't decide if this was a DIY thing or not, but I'm going to post this here since it also involves tube-configuration questions and most folks might not read a DIY thread. So my lawyer has purchased an MPX3 that includes the 5687 adapters. As a part of my yearly retainer I will be attempting to add preamp outputs to this amp. The question came up during negotiations as to what the best tube combo would be given that this device will be much more preamp than headphone amp. So what say you, masters of the SP domain? Also, can anyone come up with a plausible reason that I can't just tap the headphone output for the preamp output? I've read other SP modding threads saying that this is all Mikhail does and that certainly sounds easy enough. Thanks in advance. Nate
-
Fighting to defend christmas!
Because in a world where there is plenty of shit to do this strikes me as a colossal fucking waste of time and resources.
-
Fighting to defend christmas!
What a waste of time...
-
Team Audio-Technica Unite!
Fifty Limiteds?
-
Can I run the Lavry DA10 single-endedly?
It probably would have been helpful to mention this in your first post.
-
mjg vs. JBL (two men enter, one man leave)
Not a chance, I've met mjg and he's alright by me.
-
I've been ruined...RUINED
- Altec Lansing IM716 resistor mod; anybody?
We'll find out tomorrow morning at 6am when I get to deal with the 12" of bullshit covering my driveway.- Fuck in snow
I'm just glad that I know the back way home. Still took 1:20min for a normal 30min. drive but compared to what some I know went through like Haj it seems like nothing. One of my coworkers actually had to stay at my house for a bit since she'd locked herself out of the house this morning. Her husband left work at 1:15, he got to our house at 7:45, the trip normally takes an hour.- Team Audio-Technica Unite!
Just a shame since AT knows how to make a sexy headphone.- Mitchell Report
Was it useful enough for them to make the playoffs last year?- Post what you're watching
Snow, snow and more fucking snow. I'd say we've gotten about a good 10 inches so far today which means I get to drag my ass out of bed tomorrow morning to clear the driveway before going to work. Lovely.- Altec Lansing IM716 resistor mod; anybody?
Yes, I like the effect of the isolation.- Altec Lansing IM716 resistor mod; anybody?
I bought a pair, probably won't do anything to them though. They've officially been dubbed my snow blowing headphones so no sense modding them much.- Mitchell Report
- Mitchell Report
Going to be a hell of an afternoon for sports talk radio that's for sure. I'm headed off now to listen live to my local station (WEEI/Boston)...- Correct forum buying/selling etiquette?
I'm guessing, purely guessing, that this seller probably got hosed by a bad buyer in the past and now just wants to close a deal ASAP. It's understandable really, but does kind of suck for Zach.- Team Audio-Technica Unite!
Oh sorry about that, my bad. We're still buds. You should feel free to start a conversation any time you like.- Team Audio-Technica Unite!
I have a pretty narrow head (see IMDB headshot) so I think that even though I was getting uniform seal around my ears there was very little (if any) pressure applied to the side of my head. The VTG's fit much more snugly while still being very comfortable.- Team Audio-Technica Unite!
I'm with you on this 100%. This was my first impression of them in NYC listening to the balanced pair and once again last night when switching back and forth between the two AT's I was trying to use the volume as an EQ for the not-quite-right-to-my-ears W5k presentation. Oh well, someone will get a hell of a deal on these.- Team Audio-Technica Unite!
At least you used orange when you called me a douche, thanks for that. FIFY Being business partners has really hampered our relationship. I keeed, I keeed, I was fired from Rockhopper for my lack of Penguin style. - Altec Lansing IM716 resistor mod; anybody?
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.