Everything posted by n_maher
-
What did you do today?
I know it's not great but it's a raise and that's not something to sneeze at these days. I noticed a pretty discomforting trend during my recent change of employment. When I would tell someone that my last day at work was going to be X about 90% of people assumed that I had been laid off and that I'd subsequently be unemployed. When I would tell them that I had elected to make the change and already had a new job lined up most were shocked. Three years ago I didn't know anyone looking for a job, today I know several who have been out of work for more than 6 months and more than a couple who are nearing the two year mark. Good luck Dan!
-
Ye Macce Threade
A handcuffed one, sure. If it does what you want a computer to do then it is a terrific device, but my experience with it and other apple products are that you have to be careful about researching your use case vs. what they assume your use case will be. Flexibility is not its strength, in my opinion.
-
Ye Macce Threade
iPad != computer
-
Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Yup. Nope.
-
Crack;Bottlehead OTL
There are a few listed for sale on HF right now worth looking at, specifically someone has a 7236 for ~$40 which is a pretty reasonable price IMO.
-
What did you do today?
Steve, Awesome.
-
Happy birthday, postjack!
Halt Birthday Jack!
-
Prototypers wanted
I just took the dimensions shown on one of Tom's pdfs.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Zoe Keating - Into The Trees
-
The DIY and audio equipment rut...... where to now?
You can bet good $$ that I won't be cutting the holes for the motor run caps my 307A will be using! And I think the 100uF/370VAC caps that I used for the outputs on the original Menace were roughly the size of a can of soda.
-
The DIY and audio equipment rut...... where to now?
I have yet to encounter a 5U* that had a rise time anything like a 5AR4 and I'd wager that I used just about all of them. Certainly the GA, GB and plain G did not in the Menace or HA-2. And yes, 68uF is a great target, although still a pretty big can.
-
Post what you're watching
The books are pretty entertaining, I'll say that. I keep meaning to revisit the show but haven't gotten around to it.
-
The DIY and audio equipment rut...... where to now?
I'd try to get the capacitance in the last filter stage down a bit if you can, motor runs of that size (100uF) are brutal chassis work. And really, if you're going to tube-rectify the thing it'd be a sin to use electrolytic caps. :evil: EDIT - and I'd go with the 5AR4 over the 5U any day, its semi-soft start is a welcome bonus.
-
B22 dead, what to do?
I'll try to call tonight Steve. EDIT: this thread wasn't meant to be locked, not sure why my phone did that...
-
B22 dead, what to do?
Steve, With the amp board disco'd from the power supply measure the following: V+ to G V- to G output to ground
-
B22 dead, what to do?
Steve, With the amp board disco'd from the power supply measure the following: V+ to G V- to G output to ground
-
I'm about this close to calling it...
magic smoke ftmfw
-
Happy birthday, NightWoundsTime!
Happy Birthday Matt!
-
What did you do today?
Rest in peace Fred, and sorry for your loss Steve. I'm glad you got to be there with him, together to the end seems right.
-
B22 dead, what to do?
The funny thing is Marc, I've never had a blown beta22 blow fuses. Even the ones with cooked output stages would still turn on. I can't fathom what non-visible failure of this amp would cause it to draw excessive current at startup. But I'd certainly like to see some pictures before Steve throws another fuse in and hits the button.
-
B22 dead, what to do?
Steve, Post the specs of the fuses that you bought please. And a clear internal shot of the amp with the cover off would be great too, if you can.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
No wifi at work. Not a common problem, I admit, but a problem for me nonetheless.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Comfortably day-long for me so far but no longer even a concern with the dock on my desk. On heavy use days I was around 20% on the way home.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
The screen is fantastic and the phone itself is no larger than my iphone was in the otterbox case. Actually it is much thinner than that phone was and as expected V's network kicks the crap out of att's. It's still not a perfect device but I like it a lot better than the iphone as a total package. Simply being able to download a podcast wihout having to connect to a compy is pure win.
- Post the last thing you bought!
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.