Everything posted by grawk
-
Best guitar players
Warren Haynes - Heavy country rock. Gov't Mule, Allman Brothers Band, varios Dead spinoffs, played in David Allen Coe's and Dickey Betts' bands back in the day. Can improvise with anyone, and doesn't sound like anyone else. Similar to what you describe with Merle Travis, I've seen Warren play his guitar licks while simultaneously playing the bass parts to Gov't Mule songs when they toured as a duo following the death of their bass player in 2001. https://archive.org/details/WHMA2000-11-08 Billy Strings - A shredder who plays bluegrass and country, with a virtuosity in improvisation https://archive.org/details/billystrings2023-08-24.4017vl Jimmy Herring - Guitar player for Widespread Panic. Was part of the greatest band ever, Col Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit, also the Allman Brothers, dead spinoff bands, etc. Derek Trucks - guitar from Tedeschi Trucks Band, formerly of the Allman Brothers Band and various dead spinoffs. First saw him at 12 years old when he was already amazing Jason Isbell - songwriter and genius with an acoustic guitar, his band is the 400 Unit, and he was in Drive By Truckers. https://archive.org/details/jason-isbell-2026-07-18
-
Cassette-Case
The third head doesn’t help sound quality, it lets you monitor what is on tape immediately as it’s recorded.
-
Output transformer stax
Whatever you did to post like that, don’t do it again.
-
Rigs
I don’t know anyone who can keep up with the flood of entry level microphones aimed at content creators.
-
The Live Music Thread
https://archive.org/details/danieldonato2026-08-29.4015/DDCC20260829.4015-09+-+Fortunate+Sparrow.flac
-
The Live Music Thread
-
Rigs
I recently acquired a dpa 4017 shotgun but I haven’t used it in the field yet. those tascam recorders are pretty long in the tooth at this point, but I haven’t used them to compare to other options
- Happy Birthday Camera Man
-
The Live Music Thread
Dpa 4015gs -> mma-a Knoxville https://archive.org/details/jason-isbell-2026-07-17 https://archive.org/details/jason-isbell-2026-07-18 I’m jealous. I’ve wanted to see him but it hasn’t worked out for me yet.
-
The Live Music Thread
-
The analog thread.
I'm already on that
-
The analog thread.
I’m looking to upgrade my Rega p 1 and was looking at the P3 RS. Is there anything else in that ballpark that is better?
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
- The Live Music Thread
https://archive.org/details/cj2026-06-13 Cowboy Junkies Bijou Theater, Knoxville, TN 6/13/2026 DPA 4015gs -> Sonosax SX-M2D2 -> iPhone Front Row Center Balcony- The Live Music Thread
Trinity sessions is one of the best sounding albums I've ever heard. It's why I want to own an old church to use as a recording studio...- The Live Music Thread
This is a recording I made of them in 2001 https://archive.org/details/cj2001-06-29 I’ll process last nights recording this week, I was camping and kayaking this weekend except while I was at the show.- The Live Music Thread
- Is mesh wifi still the best home network type?
My only concern would be that unifi had a big security breach a few years ago, but their gear is definitely pro quality.- Which Cooking Are You?
I made a jambalaya that turned out well enough I didn’t get to take a picture of it.- Which Cooking Are You?
cooked my first brisket last night. 7 lb. GMG Pellet smoker 185 for 4 hrs, 225 for 4 hrs, then when it hit 205 internally went to "warm" mode. Smoke ring is kinda visible, flavor is REALLY good and super juicy and tender.- What are you EATING right now?
- What are you EATING right now?
- The Live Music Thread
https://archive.org/details/mbroussard2026-04-29 https://archive.org/details/swaywild-20260429 Marc Broussard Sway Wild opening Bijou Theater, Knoxville TN 4/29/2026 dpa 4015gs->dpa d:vice balcony center front row- The Live Music Thread
Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JkAjH5G-ZSPHcsxV6QDItb0Nh_Wb-L3f?usp=sharing- The Live Music Thread
- The Live Music Thread
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.