Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Chalk

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dusty Chalk

  1. "Don't do it yourself" is not necessarily the same thing as "send it in". I don't know about Hirsch, but even I would suggest finding someone else if you don't know what you are doing. And by someone else, I mean someone other than Mikhail.
  2. Gai Gra Tiem Phrik Tai from Pilin nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom...
  3. Next time, find a male colleague and give them to him. Preferably the janitor or intern or someone else who has no idea what they're doing.
  4. I know I would hate it if Kevin claimed "massive bullshit" if I was just trying to offer some helpful safety advice -- it had nothing to do with Singlepower, Hirsch was speaking about tube amps in general. I'd tell him to fuck off, too. He's a man, he can take it.
  5. Two separate questions: What are the best choices for ergonomic keyboards? What are the best choices for trackballs?
  6. Dusty Chalk replied to 909's topic in Off Topic
    (shakes head with palm in the general vicinity of the face, while trying to suppress a smirk)
  7. What? I got that from you.
  8. That's what they got for not wearing their sunglasses at night.
  9. 'To ground' only works if you leave it plugged in, no?
  10. I emailed them right after that post, we'll see if I get a response.
  11. I got an email from the band (I'm on their mailing list) -- it didn't say anything about an entrance fee. There's this (see top entry) and this (I didn't see anything about an entrance fee). Sorry, that's all I've got.
  12. Anyone in LA going to the Stripmall Architecture even this Saturday? Apparently they're going to be selling an exclusive CD at the event which I would very much want. If someone wants to pick an extra one up for me, I would gladly pay for it + shipping/handling + a little extra for your efforts for me.
  13. Can you cite your source for that? I'm skeptical.
  14. Any idea how much the 32G are?
  15. What's the best way to rip audio tracks from a DVD? Windows, Linux, Mac? The bonus tracks from my Depeche Mode DVD's are a pain since they're region ...whatever Europe is, but I'd like to have access to them, since some of my favorite tracks are there.
  16. I haven't seen anything that requires the old iPhone users to upgrade their plan. It's only when you buy the new iPhone...but now that you mention it, I have no idea what iTunes is going to do if you were to give it an uninitialized old gen iPhone when you go through the activation process...
  17. So with the free updates, wouldn't it be cheaper to get a used iPhone 1st gen.?
  18. Absolutely not a deal killer. Again, he's just trying to make more money from you (and you're correct in recognizing that he should have brought it up before now). Just buy some racquetball balls and cut them in half. When you can afford them, go back and buy some brass cones, and decide which you like better -- it's that whole coupling vs. decoupling argument all over again. If you have something ultra-solid, you want to couple to that, otherwise you want to decouple (oversimplified, and IMHO). Decoupling will almost always help (unless you happen to already have had a very nicely coupled setup), hence why I recommend the racquetball balls.
  19. I think you're confusing soundcards with video cards. While this is certainly true of video cards, it's a lot less true of soundcards. If my understanding is correct, the only offloading to soundcards that the computer does is the settings at the driver. (E.G. 'TruSurround', on my M-Audio Sonica, can be turned on and off by the Sonica Control Panel, but there's zero awareness by any other audio application that this is going on.)
  20. Shouldn't this be in the 'What are you smoking?' thread? J/K...
  21. What do you mean, 'missed out' -- aren't they all still in print? You can't necessarily get the metal boxes like I got, but you can still get them in the taller thinner size, neh?
  22. Dusty Chalk replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Music
    Dead Can Dance (the first album) still sounds like ass, but it's DSD MFSL ass!!!1! Starting with Spleen and Ideal, these sound great.
  23. Sure, gopher rhett. No, they do not take $600 stands, I got the same pressure to buy $1K stands when I bought my ~$5KMSRP Dynaudio Special 25's. I didn't. All of a sudden that really nice salesman stopped being really nice. Fuck 'im, pretty much. There's more overhead in multi-hundred-dollar speaker stands. They're just going for that "in for a penny, in for a pound" mentality, and trying to milk every last cent out of you. Just stand your ground. A good pair of decent stands will work just as well. Sure, the $600 may be better, but we're talking seriously diminishing returns here. And yes, you would still need some way of controlling the volume. E.R. (I kind of like that name a couple months back), for example, had variable outs in his source, so if this was him talking, all he'd need is that. Your Denon will not, so you'll need at least something like the Creek OBH-22 or a Musical Fidelity A3.2. Or the like. And yes, you will need cables. You won't be able to listen to your gear without them. I just don't think you necessarily need his cables. He might be giving you a good deal, who knows. Hard to tell without knowing what exactly it is you're getting. OTOH, if you've actually heard the system in its entirety, and that is exactly what he's selling you, and if you have the dosh, then by all means, gopher rhett.
  24. Dusty Chalk replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Off Topic
    Does it come in black? (6700, but nowhere near as much disk space nor RAM)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.