Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
Singlepower Square Wave w/ DAC internal pics
Did you not read the thread? There was a post that said it was probably from a $50 DAC.
-
Ipod in the car
I should get an iPod.
-
What are you reading now?
Inglorious Basterds (sic) -- I really hope this movie gets made, it'll make up for Deathproof. Insta-classic. I would even go so far as to suggest that he leaked it on purpose, because he knows how good it is.
-
1/8 to 1/4 adapter
Well... It's not like there isn't eleventy Brazilian options there... And if you have to ask whether or not there's any sonic impact, just splice on a new connector -- that way, you can stop worrying about it. Your worry will have more sonic impact.
-
1/8 to 1/4 adapter
Radio Shack, for one. Yes, don't buy it from Radio Shack. J/K...
-
What did you do today?
I made the iPhone my bitch consenting adult.
-
Ipod Touch / Iphone
I agree with your conclusion. It strikes me that there really is no argument that the functionality is there, though. They can spin it any way they want, reassure is that they will only use it for benign purposes, but...time will tell. And it will be told by people like him.
-
Ipod Touch / Iphone
Not so sure about that...that was from the guy that wrote the book -- literally -- on iPhone development: link.
-
New Members - How did you discover Head-Case?
:fail:
-
Ipod Touch / Iphone
Erica Sadun's Flashlight cracks me up.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Actually, it probably wasn't GoHastings who did the punching. Which I'm not sure is any better.
-
slow forum
An old image, but I just discovered it.
-
Your recent music purchases
There's a short vid on Amazon: Amazon.com: Beyond Standard: Hiromi: Music
-
The Headcase Stax thread
This didn't happen on neither the ES-1 nor the BHSE. So it might be the amp. Or it might've been that I wasn't listening to "testing" enough music, which, I have to admit, could well have been the case.
-
Rank Your Headphones
Well, that's the part I'm confused about -- the wood shells aren't indigenous to CD3000's, so that leaves, what, the band and pads? EDIT #2: PS Enjoyed the "mounting screws" comment. EDIT: Never mind, missed this page. Thanks for the response.
- Rank Your Headphones
-
Rank Your Headphones
Thanks (yes, I was asking you). I have to admit to not being sure what I was listening to, wouldn't mind hearing those again some time. (I work in Arlington, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for me to come to you.)
-
Any suggestions for a guitar amp?
A Marshall clone?
-
Lenovo AC adapter recommendations?
What I'm saying is, it is partly from the encouragement I've received here to do so.
-
Your recent music purchases
Dude, you need to hear this. Have you discovered Hiromi yet?
-
Lenovo AC adapter recommendations?
Somewhen between back then and now, I've gone pretty much linux everywhere. I think half the machines I have access to are dual boot, or have a VM on them.
-
Your recent music purchases
Hiromi, Beyond Standard SACD -- goddamn, I am in love. This girl can play.
-
The Headcase Stax thread
Catscratch -- you pretty much nailed it on the head with the bass, that was the first thing I noticed. I mostly agree with what you said about recordings, though, being a basshead, I'd go one step further -- when I want that midbass hump, I'd reach for the Mk 2's, and when I don't, I'd reach for the Mk 1's. "Rocking out" comes to mind as to when I'd want it. Kind of makes me wonder how they'd respond to EQ...
-
Squeezebox Boom
Maybe if they had some full-range drivers in there I'd be more interested...as it is, no.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Okay, they made up for it -- when I got home tonight, there were 5 messages waiting for me, most of which were assuring me that I (a) estimated shipping correctly, ( that they would send me the 110-130V version, and © that they would pack it well. So I sent payment. Here goes nothing.