Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Chalk

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dusty Chalk

  1. Oh, yesterday == refreshed my mullet. It really shouldn't look as good as it does, considering I only cut once.
  2. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
  3. (waits for inevitable, "just buy some low gauge extension cords, and cut off the ends")
  4. Um...yeah. (a) You use too many exclamation points. ( I was just giving you a hard time, because your answer seemed to be in the general, whereas the question was very specific. And I heartily disagree with "team source first" -- I am a card-carrying member of "team weak link first", aka "team synergy". So every once in a while, I post to that effect. You just happened to be the target of my soapboxing this time. © It's not a problem if you post more often. It would not be a relief to believe I've driven someone off, that was not my intent. I am perfectly capable of enthusiastic discussion, and I enjoy hearing same, even if I don't necessarily agree with it. OTOH, (d) be forewarned -- if you do post, expect responses, not just from me. This is not exclusive to head-case -- it applies to the entire internet. Back on topic: The problem is that not many of us have actually heard an A3.24, so we wouldn't know if any of our suggestions are better, much less several steps better. Add to that the fact that "better" is a matter of opinion, and you get a rather pointless thread. Perhaps we should put a call out that if anyone sees any deals in the used market for top-notch sources within the stated price range, they should post them here, and all of them should be read with the assumed qualification, "YMMV". Sorry to have put the brakes on this thread, just ignore the cranky ol' bastard in the corner.
  5. Your Thiels have a bare midriff?
  6. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    I didn't think Kate Bush was doing public performances in 1986:
  7. My sister recently quit. She's quit before, but I have high hopes for her this time. She told me she got a lot of good ideas from a book, Stop smoking the Easy Way by Allen Carr. Cheesy title, but from what she told me of it, a good book. It's rather different than other techniques.
  8. See, now that was a well-thought-out answer. No arguments here.
  9. Yes, yes it is. But don't you think it's a bit overboard zealous to shout "source first" in the context of the original question -- has to beat by "several steps" the a3.24 in under US$1K?
  10. Yeah, I think your best bet is to try to confirm through other channels.
  11. 'Pfff' to religious fanatics.
  12. Yeah, that's fine -- I'll deliver Dan's portion to Dan.
  13. Dr. Horrible spoiler:
  14. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    No, because then there'd be more red. Also, the BPMs of the music I'm listening to right now are perfect for that animated gif.
  15. Why don't you just "cut it" with some diced tomatoes? If it's too limey and too spicy, sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Or throw in something citrus-y -- like perhaps mango. Oh, and if you're actually considering shipping any -- I'm in. I'll even pay for shipping (mine only, the rest of y'all are on your own), as it'll have to be frozen and then overnighted, I would think (don't know -- 've never shipped food).
  16. grawk's palmtop highlife's sony cdp changer
  17. As mentioned in another thread, the partially-caged amp I was thinking of was the Moth Audio 300B Paradigm
  18. Hey, that 300B is the one I was trying to remember for the low-powered amp thread, thanks! And Ryan -- nice! The Moth is one of the amps that I've lusted after even though I've never heard it.
  19. 1. Get keys 2. Go to that place in Baltimore 3. Purchase Sorry, bumpies for a serious reply.
  20. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    And on a related note:
  21. You misspelled demons.
  22. Where are you getting that? You can't always just double the power output of an amplifier to get what it can do into 4 ohms -- some amps just shouldn't. I mean, I realize it's probably fine in this case, just wanted to err on the side of being right caution.
  23. Yeah, but the D-Sonics aren't 1kW. I just want whichever sounds better. And I doubt 5 of them will run that hot. I bet the Wheatfield runs hotter.
  24. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    (@ self)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.