Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
Help! My computer is infected and on it's last limb!
No, he does fun things, he just does them in an embedded virtual machine which is disposable.
-
CanJam 2009
So the GM70 has a name now? Is it available, in any way, shape, or form? And yes, I remember that post. "Frank Cooter" and "3 box headphone amp" have been on my radar ever since.
-
Help choosing song to dance to?
Maybe it's Air on a G String, Walter Murphy disco version?
-
New RSA amp...
I lollered.
-
DIY cable gallery
I hope you mean silver plate -- solid silver would be too soft, I would think.
- The Live Music Thread
-
The Headcase Stax thread
Have you tried any of the new production tubes yourself? Some of them are really good.
-
Tannoy Kensington SE
Needs a sub, but...Quad 9L USB active:
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Guilt by Association/Guilt by Association 2 from eMusic. Hearing My Brightest Diamond do Tainted Love, Luna do Straight Up (yes, that Paula Abdul, not another), borders on the surreal, but Takka Takka's take on In the Air Tonight is inspired.
- slow forum
-
What did you do today?
I dumped some tea...down my gullet.
-
slow forum
- The Live Music Thread
Funny story: so I went to Sugarloaf -- a crafts festival, to talk to Lucy about a blanket, maybe a coat, see what she had, etc. While I'm there, this cute couple are there, too. And the girl -- who is really nice and friendly -- points at me, and says to the guy, "look, he's wearing your shirt". I said, "whu...?" He said, "yeah, I'm Stan Whitaker". (I just happened to be wearing my Happy The Man "hippy" T-shirt that day. It has rainbow colors on it, which I thought was appropriate considering I was going to a crafts festival.) My knees buckled. Literally. So we talked for a bit (I actually complained that they never released the Live at the State album -- a show I attended), I bought a blanket, and when I went back for the blanket, they had left a message for me with Lucy that I should visit them where they were playing, at which point they basically played and devoted an entire set to me. It was great. I bought everything they had -- Oblivion Sun, Pedal Giant Animals, and of course, a Stan and LeeAnne something or other. Signed, of course. I think they gave me the S&LA CD. They did a really rockin' version of Black Horse and the Cherry Tree. He's amazing to watch up close. He makes it look easy, but he's one of those people who actually looks more comfortable with a guitar than without. They strike me as the sort of people who'd remember me if they ever saw me again. Which is why I say, "sort of" -- I'm not exactly receiving Christmas cards from them, but they made me feel like I knew them at a personal level, and more importantly, vice versa.- What are you listening to Part Two
Anthony Rother, This is Electro/Das Ist Elektro/...- Topaz DAC/AMP
I'm sure the bear thinks it's already cool.- What are you listening to Part Two
returned from the detour to finish R y G, also listened to their Live iTunes Session, and am now on to LotR:RotK.- Topaz DAC/AMP
In one.- Post the last thing you bought!
Jayne Cobb hat- The Live Music Thread
I might have to go to that. I know one of the guys in Oblivion Son (sort of), really like Beardfish and PFM (of course), and Gong of course (although they get a little weird for my tastes). Plus, it's on a weekend.- What are you listening to Part Two
Taking a detour from R y G for some Kenji Kawai/Ghost in the Shell goodness.- Topaz DAC/AMP
You guys really don't understand the cryotreatment, do you? It gets made cold, yes, but by the time you use it, it's warmed up again.- Topaz DAC/AMP
Yeah, but it "outgrew" "inexpensive".- slow forum
Things to Do with a Cadbury Cream Egg from That Happened!- slow forum
- The Live Music Thread
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.